Carter Dam Aurora - Xbox One

mdhornet90

I've been waiting a few days at the Carter Dam after completing the Old Bear mission on the Xbox One, and I haven't seen an aurora. I know there were issues with the PC version of the game related to this that were fixed in early August, but I'm not sure whether that's the case on the Xbox One. Is waiting for an Aurora an expected part of gameplay or should it be automatically triggered the next night after completion of the bear mission? And if it's the former, does anyone know if there's a rhyme or reason to when they appear? At this point I'm just burning through supplies instead of meaningfully advancing through the story, not really how I'd like to spend my time playing a game.

On 10/1/2017 at 4:35 PM, mdhornet90 said:

I've been waiting a few days at the Carter Dam after completing the Old Bear mission on the Xbox One, and I haven't seen an aurora. I know there were issues with the PC version of the game related to this that were fixed in early August, but I'm not sure whether that's the case on the Xbox One. Is waiting for an Aurora an expected part of gameplay or should it be automatically triggered the next night after completion of the bear mission? And if it's the former, does anyone know if there's a rhyme or reason to when they appear? At this point I'm just burning through supplies instead of meaningfully advancing through the story, not really how I'd like to spend my time playing a game.

I'm not sure if this has changed since when I read about this, but last I heard, you do have to wait for the Aurora to happen on its own time, but it won't start if you're already inside the dam. So if you're waiting on the Aurora for that quest, get out of the dam and only enter it again when you actually see the Aurora.

Archived