Seniors?????

junglegreen

Not myself (I am a 23 years old) but there is quite a number of players in here who are in their later years.

Big respect from me, most people in my country who are of the older age have a strong distaste for video games, courtesy of the media painting the games in such a horrible light, and general ignorance.

I think it's thanks to the nature of the game, that actually attracts people of all ages, due to its unique nature. Only other game I ever came across to have similar build-up was Minecraft, but even there, the young kids were crushing majority.

4 hours ago, KinoUnko said:

you should do streams on twitch and/or youtube!

That is not for everyone, and if you think about gamers in general, especially dumb teenagers can be a toxic bunch. But I support the idea of streaming or recording for anyone if they are up to it! :D 

5 hours ago, AlexandraRussia said:

Hello, I know it may not be in the subject, but when the developers come out of vacation? Well, so just to know.

No, it's not on topic, so either don't ask, or send a message to someone else privately, or create your own topic on it. You can always message me with any questions, and as you can see, I am here quite often.

But since you asked already -  I believe they came back already. Or they should have the end any day now. Not that it matters - we won't see much changes for a while now. Just some hotfixes here and there, I reckon - dealing with the various bugs that came to surface with Wintermute.

I'm 68 and just love this game.  I've been thoroughly exploring Survival Mode and finding as many cairns as possible (up to 126 and now waiting for the "locked" Mountain Town area to open).  Great game for seniors and all adventure lovers...

1 hour ago, Mocha said:

I'm 68 and just love this game.  I've been thoroughly exploring Survival Mode and finding as many cairns as possible (up to 126 and now waiting for the "locked" Mountain Town area to open).  Great game for seniors and all adventure lovers...

Like you busy finding the cairns but a real amateur only got about  30  so  far

@junglegreen & @Mocha, superb gaming props to you both. I'm getting close to the big half-century myself and have been a gamer since I was a teenager.

I love the way the gaming industry is headed at the moment, and can't help but feel that it is a much more inclusive genre now that there are designers and producers who are more interested in a more diverse market rather than just teenagers and twnety-somethings (no offence to the teenagers & twenty-somethings).

Plus, finally we have decent, reasonably priced, and almost practical VR systems! Whilst on holiday this year we got Grandma (95) to try out 'TheBlu' on Steam VR, she was a little disoriented by the sensation, but comepletely loved the immersive beauty of being underwater, as it's something she'd never done in real life (she's never been a good swimmer, etc).

Archived