The second tower in Mystery Lake

omoon66

For the entertainment value..

Just after it released, lots of experienced players were making desperate dashes to the old lookout in bad weather, knowing they could take shelter there, only to have a major "Oh shit! Now what do I do?" moment when they realised there was no shelter to be had.

5 hours ago, JAFO said:

Just after it released, lots of experienced players were making desperate dashes to the old lookout in bad weather, knowing they could take shelter there, only to have a major "Oh shit! Now what do I do?" moment when they realised there was no shelter to be had.

Yeah I had that moment, too... but it's kind of illogical to think someone would build two lookouts so close to each other.

3 hours ago, Drifter Man said:

Yeah I had that moment, too... but it's kind of illogical to think someone would build two lookouts so close to each other.

Maybe they built the second 'cos the first one was trashed... although you'd think someone would've put a barrier & sign at the foot of the climb up, you know, just to warn people in need of desperate shelter that the tower was out of action. It's almost like they wanted us to die of hypothermia while sheltering under a rock overhang. :P

Or, they did it to tease us in story. *spoiler warning* When Jeremiah said he needed us to use the broadcast tower in PV. Now when we walk by that destroyed one, it makes us think “oh, we could’ve used that one, but it’s destroyed. Now we have to walk to PV >:(

On 9/28/2017 at 10:40 PM, JAFO said:

Once you have the better bits of clothing and supplies for a fire the ruins would actually be an okay shelter from the wind. I've had both my survival character and Will spend at least 1 night under the ruins of the old tower.

On 02/10/2017 at 3:18 AM, Ape88 said:

Once you have the better bits of clothing and supplies for a fire the ruins would actually be an okay shelter from the wind. I've had both my survival character and Will spend at least 1 night under the ruins of the old tower.

Agreed.. I've spent a good few nights in worse places.. but the shock value of having their expectations dashed was pretty cool.. <evil grin>

On 9/29/2017 at 8:35 AM, omoon66 said:

When Jeremiah said he needed us to use the broadcast tower in PV. Now when we walk by that destroyed one, it makes us think “oh, we could’ve used that one, but it’s destroyed. Now we have to walk to PV >:(

I thought it was another region... Hmm.

On 9/29/2017 at 10:35 AM, omoon66 said:

Or, they did it to tease us in story. *spoiler warning* When Jeremiah said he needed us to use the broadcast tower in PV. Now when we walk by that destroyed one, it makes us think “oh, we could’ve used that one, but it’s destroyed. Now we have to walk to PV >:(

The tower in mystery lake is just a relay tower, no broadcast station is under it.

Archived