Throwback to Alpha v.183!

Stormwolf1O1

I actually liked this. Because it actually made you feel like it was dark, because you can see the outline of the trees. Made it really eerie. It can very rarely happen in the game currently where you get a scenario similar to this. Somebody should make a mod where this happens again!

5 hours ago, Fuarian said:

I actually liked this. Because it actually made you feel like it was dark, because you can see the outline of the trees. Made it really eerie. It can very rarely happen in the game currently where you get a scenario similar to this. Somebody should make a mod where this happens again!

It was especially creepy knowing there are wolves nearby. This picture was taken just outside the back door of Quonset in CH. I was prepared to see glowing green eyes turning to face me, but I lucked out. I'd say it was worth the risk to get this pic!

In many ways the old version was better than todays. A lot of my favourite stuff was tweaked out of the game to make it easier. Id pefer a happy median between the two, or a more custumizeable/personal experience.

But oh boy they did add in some nice new mechanics i couldnt live without like the new clothing one and radial menu. 

I'm a long time player, but not that long! I was introduced to this game by Splattercat with his second play through. I soon bought it and was hooked. I remember the times when you could forge wood anywhere, When fluffy was still in the dam (rip), when there was no transition zone between PV and ML (or there always was an I never knew for the longest time), no stones (how did I live? lol), when old man's lichen cured infection AND blood loss (some may know the story when I got mauled by some wolves and dies of blood loss cuz I thought it still cured that), so many things, small things. It makes all the difference, but we're here now, veterans because of our adaptability learned from apha. These new players who are paying $35 (oh yeah, that too when it was $20) don't get the experience that we got. This game is truly a work of art.

54 minutes ago, omoon66 said:

I'm a long time player, but not that long! I was introduced to this game by Splattercat with his second play through. I soon bought it and was hooked. I remember the times when you could forge wood anywhere, When fluffy was still in the dam (rip), when there was no transition zone between PV and ML (or there always was an I never knew for the longest time), no stones (how did I live? lol), when old man's lichen cured infection AND blood loss (some may know the story when I got mauled by some wolves and dies of blood loss cuz I thought it still cured that), so many things, small things. It makes all the difference, but we're here now, veterans because of our adaptability learned from apha. These new players who are paying $35 (oh yeah, that too when it was $20) don't get the experience that we got. This game is truly a work of art.

Completely agree. 

While I am fairly new to the game (started playing during these past winter holidays) I like to sometimes watch Stacy's Lets Play as I find it fascinating to see what the game was like in 2014. 

I really hope that they roll out a previous version as beta, so new players could see what the game was like. 

11 minutes ago, EricTheGreat12 said:

Completely agree. 

While I am fairly new to the game (started playing during these past winter holidays) I like to sometimes watch Stacy's Lets Play as I find it fascinating to see what the game was like in 2014. 

I really hope that they roll out a previous version as beta, so new players could see what the game was like. 

I actually just uploaded a gameplay video that I recorded today of the early alpha version, with me facing Fluffy and looting the Dam. Feel free to check it out if you're interested!

Archived