Heartbreaking interloper ending.

Mixxut

Today was a sad day in the long dark for me.

It was my first interloper run that i had survived over 24 hours. It was day 11. I was in ML having 4 rabbit pelts, 4 deer hides, 51 cat tails, crapload of other food items,  books to read, decend clothing, medicine, survival bow, guts, ways to start a fire and a storage of firewood.

I was planning a trip to FM for more cat tails. I was almost at the tunnel leading to FM when I saw a wolf close to me. One thing I didn't have was a melee weapon or a ranged weapon with bullets. 

I had a rock and I tried trhowing it to distract the wolf, but it landed too far so the wolf didn't hear it. The wolf however heared me. I tried making a fire to scare it away, but I failed starting it before the wolf got scared about it. I was panicing and pulled out a flare and used it.

Suddenly the wolf charged me. Imissed when I tried to trhow the flare at the wolf and without a weapon I didn't stand a chance against that stupud little piece of SHI....

I was doing so well........ You are never safe in the long dark.

Edit: not really a survival story, huh ;D

Never, ever, ever ever ever leave a weapon behind on Interloper. Ever. Even if you were just going to use the outhouse by your house... do not ever leave a house without your trusty machine gun bow.

Hey, at least you had a good run, mate. Better than to get a really cool, good run and have it ruined because all of a sudden, a wolf appears behind a tree, 30 centimeters away from you, out of thin air. Thats how most of my interloper attempts end.

20 minutes ago, Mroz4k said:

Never, ever, ever ever ever leave a weapon behind on Interloper. Ever. Even if you were just going to use the outhouse by your house... do not ever leave a house without your trusty machine gun bow.

I didn't have a weapon in the first place :(. I had no arrows. Surely would have been handy

One obvious trick that I shamefully learned just the other day was that you don't necessarily have to throw the flare to use it against a wolf. Light the flare, hold it and keep a close eye on the wolf. He should get just close enough to stop and grow, but will not come closer to attack unless you throw the flare and he isn't scared off by it.

13 hours ago, Fuarian said:

How did you make the bow with no tools? You said you had no melee weapons so. How?

Maybe is should have been clear. I didn't have any melee wepons on me. I left my knife and hammer at the camp office because i tought there would be no wolfs. It was my worst mistake ever. I never knew that a wolf would spawn there. Now im on my new interloper game, and i will never leave my weapons. 

I know i was stupid, but I never knew a wolf could take you down from 100-0. 

13 hours ago, Fuarian said:

Archived