Why Am I Chasing Astrid?

Pickwun

Seriously, why do I care where she went?  Apparently we broke up at some point in the past, because her ambitions were more important than me.  Now she's come back and cajoled me into flying my plane into a storm in the middle of the night - and of course we crashed.  I'm injured, she's a doctor, and she just took off leaving me to freeze/bleed to death on the mountain.  Why am I lugging around this case that she couldn't be bothered to pick up?  Am I hunting her down so I can beat her to death with the case when I find her?  Am I just so ungodly stupid that I deserve to just die in the wilderness anyway?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, JAFO said:

That, at least, is a very good point.

Well I assumed that they were both knocked out by the impact and he was thrown from the plane and down into the ravine.

By the time she regained consciousness she had no choice but to leave the crash site even without her precious case simply to find shelter and stay alive.

37 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

Well I assumed that they were both knocked out by the impact and he was thrown from the plane and down into the ravine.

By the time she regained consciousness she had no choice but to leave the crash site even without her precious case simply to find shelter and stay alive.

That was my initial presumption too.. 

But on the other hand, when Will first regains consciousness, he hears Astrid telling him not to let the world beat him.. so she had to have been close by.

14 hours ago, Pickwun said:

Seriously, why do I care where she went?  Apparently we broke up at some point in the past, because her ambitions were more important than me.  Now she's come back and cajoled me into flying my plane into a storm in the middle of the night - and of course we crashed.  I'm injured, she's a doctor, and she just took off leaving me to freeze/bleed to death on the mountain.  Why am I lugging around this case that she couldn't be bothered to pick up?  Am I hunting her down so I can beat her to death with the case when I find her?  Am I just so ungodly stupid that I deserve to just die in the wilderness anyway?

I think she was abducted by the escaped prisoners, if she was on her own i don't think she would left the important box she was carrying and i don't think she would voluntarily leave Mackenzie in this helpless state, something have happend to her and i wonder what it is.

16 hours ago, Pickwun said:

That's like saying: "i don't like potatoes so why why are you eating them?"

3 hours ago, ingrobny said:

I think she was abducted by the escaped prisoners, if she was on her own i don't think she would left the important box she was carrying and i don't think she would voluntarily leave Mackenzie in this helpless state, something have happend to her and i wonder what it is.

I think she had to leave quickly because of bad weather & wolves came and found her, that's why she was running and tore her scarf. I think the prisoners found her in Milton around Day 3 when the Storm rolled in. Since she's a doctor they wanted her to help their injured inmate friends. But she's a bit hardheaded and got into a fight of something.

17 minutes ago, Fuarian said:

I think that was while he was out. 

Yeah I took that as something from earlier...perhaps when they broke up...and he felt the world was crumbling around himself.

"Hey...don't let this world beat you. We'll always be friends."

The mind can bring forth phrases spoken in the past and apply them to the situation that you're in, while changing them subtly.

"Will...will...don't let this new world beat you."

54 minutes ago, Fuarian said:

that's why she was running and tore her scarf

I forgot about the torn scarf :o.

54 minutes ago, Fuarian said:

I think the prisoners found her in Milton around Day 3 when the Storm rolled in. Since she's a doctor they wanted her to help their injured inmate friends. But she's a bit hardheaded and got into a fight of something.

Could be, i'm looking forward to episode 3 and hope we will learn more about what happend, but not too much, just enough to keep the excitement going to future episodes, right now it's a mystery and i wonder what Jeremiah's part is in all this, he said he lived off the grid, but that isn't entirely true, (without spoiling the end of episode 2).

5 minutes ago, JAFO said:

My point entirely.. no doctor would abandon an injured and unconscious person in a situation like that.

No but I think our point...mine certainly....is that it it wasn't her...there at that time speaking to him.

His mind remembered her, saying something to him at a different time.

And her voice from the past was simply his mind taking a memory of her saying something...and he grabbed onto it...and woke back up.

Because she clearly wasn't there beside him moments after he heard her voice and woke up. And until the tree fell on (what Day 4 or so) there was no way to get out of that ravine. So she clearly wasn't there when he was unconscious.

I thought she was in the fuselage of the plane that was in the tree that Mckenzie found days later that was relatively intact? O.o

She moved on from there toward Milton tearing her clothing on the branch, so how can she abandon Mckenzie if he wasn't with her?:S

30 minutes ago, JAFO said:

My point entirely.. no doctor would abandon an injured and unconscious person in a situation like that.

Well she for one couldn't get to him and two it's fucking cold out and three, she had to leave in a hurry. As to why she left her backpack and case there beats me, seems like plot armor right there.

1 hour ago, ingrobny said:

I forgot about the torn scarf :o.

Could be, i'm looking forward to episode 3 and hope we will learn more about what happend, but not too much, just enough to keep the excitement going to future episodes, right now it's a mystery and i wonder what Jeremiah's part is in all this, he said he lived off the grid, but that isn't entirely true, (without spoiling the end of episode 2).

I think he lived off the grid in fear of the apocalypse occuring. I think he's a military veteran and so is his friend Atwood. I think "Wintermute" is a military response codeword for the apocalypse occuring. But Jeremiah doesn't know the extent of it. He doesn't know that the military has no way of reaching Great Bear. He doesn't know how bad it actually is.

1 hour ago, RossBondReturns said:

Yeah I took that as something from earlier...perhaps when they broke up...and he felt the world was crumbling around himself.

"Hey...don't let this world beat you. We'll always be friends."

The mind can bring forth phrases spoken in the past and apply them to the situation that you're in, while changing them subtly.

"Will...will...don't let this new world beat you."

*break you*

5 minutes ago, Fuarian said:

Well she for one couldn't get to him and two it's fucking cold out and three, she had to leave in a hurry. As to why she left her backpack and case there beats me, seems like plot armor right there.

Her backpack and case fell from the plane and she couldn't see them to get to them...and then must survive kicked in and she went looking for shelter.

No plot armor needed.

46 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

Her backpack and case fell from the plane and she couldn't see them to get to them...and then must survive kicked in and she went looking for shelter.

No plot armor needed.

Well they were placed there, as if she went down there, saw him but couldn't get to him and then left. Maybe she went back up to the plane to find something to get down there but got chased off by some wolves or something. That seems the most plausable. I hope Episode 3 has a 2D animated cutscene showing this. (We need more 2D animated cutscenes. Hinterland really excels there.)

10 minutes ago, Fuarian said:

Well they were placed there, as if she went down there, saw him but couldn't get to him and then left. Maybe she went back up to the plane to find something to get down there but got chased off by some wolves or something. That seems the most plausable. I hope Episode 3 has a 2D animated cutscene showing this. (We need more 2D animated cutscenes. Hinterland really excels there.)

Indeed, that works as well too. So no plot armor.

Also her voice was not yelling at Will was it...so I still think the voice was his mind using a memory of her to Jog himself awake.

Archived