Aurora and Lighthouse

dean_acheson

57 minutes ago, dean_acheson said:

Last night I experienced my first aurora on survival mode while on coastal highway. Thinking about what might be the neatest place to visit, the lighthouse came to mind. I wasn't able to reach it before the aurora disappeared, and I wondered if anybody had seen it. Does it light up? 

No, unfortunately not.  But it would be neat if it did, with a full sweeping light effect.  The lighthouse is still a pretty neat place to see the aurora, though, what with the splendid view.

• Upvote 1

Sadly not, was furiatingly pissed off when I found this out. Cars either, which makes no sense considering they teased that in the past. I did uncover some secrets in the game files that hint at Story Mode in Coastal Highway and Desolation Point. So maybe they're just waiting.

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...
10 hours ago, Ice Hole said:

Did not know about the rotating effect.  I only saw if from afar during an interloper run and was harvesting a deer.  Just fabricated tools bow and arrow.  Next stop will be  the lighthouse right after Mr. Bear's appointment. 

If you get a chance, let me know if the light itself is actually rotating when you're inside the lighthouse or if they're just using a rhythmic blinking to create the effect.  I wanted to climb the stairs and have a look, but unfortunately the aurora ended just as I reached the door.  In hindsight, I should have dropped the deer meat I had and lightened my load to move faster.

• 1 month later...