Fluffy Scare! - a funny experience

Stormwolf1O1

Today, while playing a MUCH OLDER version of the game, I decided to loot the dam. I was playing on Voyager, so I entered the building and sat in the lobby crouched with my rifle ready. Nothing happened, so I spread out my bedroll and slept for 2 hours hoping to wake up to a fight. Still nothing! I very cautiously tip-toed past that first doorway, tossed out a flare, and ran back for cover. Not a sound, other than the fizzling flare. I thought to myself, "huh, maybe Fluffy didn't spawn this time? I'll loot carefully and keep my ears wide open." So I picked up my bedroll, walked passed my flare and went straight into the control room to the safe. After a few seconds of safe cracking, I hear the unmistakable "EEK!!" as Fluffy enters the room to attack, but sees my wolfskin coat and books it back down the hallway. We both scared the bajeezus out of each other!

As Fluffy scampered back down the hall to the generator room, I ran after them through the darkness to take advantage of knowing their location and finish him off. At the entrance to the giant room, I stop and take a breather. A head pops around the corner and grows at me. The battle ensues! I stab quickly with my hunting knife and Fluffy runs off yelping, however getting stuck next to the nearest generator.

I pull out my rifle, BANG! The beast is dead. :wolf:

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.de64f7a9e1c84929d47dd4b0e4b47167.png

Until next time, Fluffbutt. 

Just now, shade_grey said:

Wow... This version is really old. If I'm not mistaken, in this and many of the older versions, you could keep the wolf from attacking for a while using a flare dropped just in front of you while you brought your rifle (did this version have the bow yet?) out and shot it.

No bow yet! If you care enough to both going through the Changelog to see what is and isn't in this old version, it's Alpha v.183.

Archived