Embers in the Wind

Cattleman

On 15/09/2017 at 2:02 AM, Cattleman said:

First, I have to give credit to @Drifter Man for my inspiration to write this. I hope you don't feel that I'm trying to steal your glory by imitating some of your writing style. You are much more the master than I. I only wish to convey my story in a simple manner that I feel your style fits very nicely. I feel like the student mimicking the teacher as I write this.

Oh don't worry about that at all. Use anything you like.

Nice writing! I just feel a bit lost in what's real and what's a dream (unless that is a purpose). Did you actually do 30 in-game days in a single IRL day? Get some sleep, man :D

5 hours ago, Drifter Man said:

Oh don't worry about that at all. Use anything you like.

Nice writing! I just feel a bit lost in what's real and what's a dream (unless that is a purpose). Did you actually do 30 in-game days in a single IRL day? Get some sleep, man :D

Thanks @Drifter Manfor the compliment, and yes the dreams are supposed to be slightly confusing... Just as they can be in real life until one wakes up. I use the dreams as a way of recounting what has happened since my previous posts (since it is so many in game days)... And yes I do believe I played 30 something game days in 1 IRL day... Everything was just going so well I couldn't put it down.

18 hours ago, Cattleman said:

Thanks @Drifter Manfor the compliment, and yes the dreams are supposed to be slightly confusing... Just as they can be in real life until one wakes up. I use the dreams as a way of recounting what has happened since my previous posts (since it is so many in game days)... And yes I do believe I played 30 something game days in 1 IRL day... Everything was just going so well I couldn't put it down.

Oh thanks, now I understand. Well, 30 days per day, I call that a determined survivor!

EMBER 5, 74 DAYS 16 HOURS 51 MINUTES

Having a good stock of supplies at both Camp Office and Trappers Ember decided to make a trip to Broken Railroad. He left trappers about 2 hours before dawn with a days rations, bow with 4 arrows, 10 matches, firestrikers, meds, 2 pieces of coal and all his best clothing. Once on FM he had an encounter with a wolf... Which normally wouldn't have been a big deal but the struggle left him on the edge of thin ice and he was soaked to the bone. Retreating to Poachers Camp he came down with hypothermia just as a blizzard began and he ran out of wood or anything else to burn for heat. Sadly, Ember 5's smoky glow was extinguished by the cold nearly 75 days after finding himself above Logging Camp in ML.

On 9/15/2017 at 2:50 AM, JAFO said:

50 days on Stalker is no mean feat.. that's an ambitious goal.. I wish you good fortune!

I know! I just hit day 62 yesterday, and I’m pretty proud (especially living in the coastal townsite with hundreds of wolves to kill), but I’m shootin’ for 100, hopefully being out of CH and into TWM.

2 hours ago, omoon66 said:

I know! I just hit day 62 yesterday, and I’m pretty proud (especially living in the coastal townsite with hundreds of wolves to kill)

Hey congrats!

And yeah.. living where you are, that's something worth being proud of. B|

Archived