Items eaten by the floor and limbs that you cannot interact with.

Wade

I have now lost items sitting on the floor at PV Farmhouse and CH fishing camp.  It is pretty annoying when it is an item like quality tools that I only had 1 of.  I guess in my next sandbox I won't put anything on the floor, since stuff on tables seem fine.

Seems like my longer runs now have problems with 40 percent of limbs not being able to interact with.

Well, with them taking a month off and all the other problems I guess I will just have to live with it until 2018 or beyond.  Insert frowny face here.....

I can confirm the phantom limbs, have also encounters these quite a lot. Seems mostly to happen to 'new' limbs. Sometimes after a storm I'll see 3 new ones laying around, 1 of which can't be chopped. And sometimes after chopping a limb, a new one will appear in my field of vision but will not be choppable.

AFAIK I haven't had the floor eat my stuff, but I'll be extra watchful of it. But how do you place stuff on tables? I can only drop it where I stand.

22 minutes ago, Hackfleisch said:

I

22 minutes ago, Hackfleisch said:

AFAIK I haven't had the floor eat my stuff, but I'll be extra watchful of it. But how do you place stuff on tables? I can only drop it where I stand.

Right click an a item on the ground if you're on PC

You can move it around

I've experienced this, and I think I have worked out part of the problem. At Trapper's Cabin, the unsafe floor areas are the places where there WAS furniture/crates/etc, but I broke them down. If I place certain items where they were, they can disappear when I exit and enter the building. So far I've lost some logs/reclaimed wood, water, and even clothes and accelerant. I keep all valuables on shelves and tables or in containers now.

The phantom limbs/branches are to do with them respawning I think. If you exit and enter the building and go back then they are harvestable. It's probably that they just spawned in because you picked up sticks nearby. If that's not the cause I'm unsure.

i only have had items disappear if i broke down something like a table and then put something where it was.   but yeah it sucks i went out chopping wood and brought a nice big pile of fir logs  and set them on the floor and then i went outside to get some meat and when i came in ALL of them were gone.  

since then i leave all the furniture alone,  and place my crap around it.  it is very irritating because i like clean rooms with no stupid furniture in it

23 hours ago, Simone Else said:

since then i leave all the furniture alone,  and place my crap around it.  it is very irritating because i like clean rooms with no stupid furniture in it

Not only for this reason, either.. all that furniture comes in pretty darn handy for other purposes.. not wanting to touch it because of the disappearing bug is a real PITA.

On 9/15/2017 at 2:27 AM, JAFO said:

Not only for this reason, either.. all that furniture comes in pretty darn handy for other purposes.. not wanting to touch it because of the disappearing bug is a real PITA.

Disappearing items being a bug since Wintermute was released and not hearing a "peep" about it being patched soon is more disappointing than the bug itself in my opinion....

On 9/12/2017 at 7:07 PM, Wade said:

Nope.  Try playing a longer run of sandbox, and I all but guarantee that you will run into the problem with cedar and fir limbs.

Yup I can confirm this as well. When limbs start regenerating, some of them are just impossible to interact with. A shame really, makes me walk farther for wood.

First post here. I've also experienced these bugs and decided to chime in. The disappearing wood I have so far only experienced at the Coastal House underneath the trailer on the tracks in Coastal Highway. I harvested a few cedar and dropped them inside, and after going back out to harvest some other stuff I came back in and the cedar was indeed gone. What was interesting was I could definitely see it on the ground before I exited the cabin. It was only upon re-entering the cabin that is vanished.

The limbs that you can't interact with have been pretty common on the other hand. One way I seem to be able to recreate this bug is by starting a fire directly next to a fir limb. Once the fire is lit or there is a burned out campfire, I am no longer able to interact with nearby limbs.

13 hours ago, earthy said:

The limbs that you can't interact with have been pretty common on the other hand. One way I seem to be able to recreate this bug is by starting a fire directly next to a fir limb. Once the fire is lit or there is a burned out campfire, I am no longer able to interact with nearby limbs.

That would be worth making a bug report about, if you haven't already done so..

Also, welcome to the forums!

Archived