Attacks & Clothing: Repair OR Second Pair?

CitrinePeridot

5 hours ago, CitrinePeridot said:

Those are all good & reasonable observations & points. I believe I'm going to go with the socks, gloves, & toque idea as that is something I have not yet learned to successfully keep track of. I've gotten myself into a pickle or two already due to this. I've read elsewhere the break down of how and when that risk sets in, but I'm feeling a tad swamped with everything there is to keep track of. It would be nice to have a "fall back" for when I fail to keep that at optimal whether through my lack of experience or the elements. Thank you all for your insights.  :-)

As far as spare clothes go like Troy said, due to weight restrictions in the game....you can't really carry around spare outfits. However the person who brought it up in the first place, probably meant keeping spare clothes in your base, not on your character. At least that's how I interpreted it, and that's also what I do.

Other than Interloper difficulty, you will find so many different clothing items if you loot every map in the game, that you can make multiple clothing "sets" if you wish to....and I do. You can keep a light set that you use for looting new areas so you can carry more stuff:

Trail boots/sneakers, gym socks, cotton undies, jeans/cargo pants, thin sweaters, ski jackets, wool mittens (only weigh 0.1 kilos), cotton toque. Basically all the lightest...yet fairly warm clothing. This would also probably be your high mobility suit for maximum running.

Then you can have like an armor outfit with the highest protection items in the outer slots, and warm stuff or light stuff in the inner slots.

You can have a waterproof set for when it's snowing outside with all the highest waterproof clothes in the outside slots, then warmest or lightest in the inside slots.

Then you can have your "warmest" clothing set, that sacrifices weight and mobility for having the warmest clothing possible. Things like insulated boots or ski boots, (I usually go with insulated....ski boots are just TOO damn heavy, period) wool toques/ski mask, expedition parkas/bear coat, snow pants, wool undies, fisherman or cowichan sweaters, climbing socks, ear muffs, etc....

Yeah.... lot of work, but even on Voyager I had so many duplicates of some clothing items (except for the best ones like expedition parkas and snow pants) that it's relatively easy to keep multiple sets of clothes in lockers for different situations. Instead of tearing everything up for cloth or leather. There are plenty of curtains in the game now on various maps to not have to tear all your found clothes up for cloth.....unless you want to play for thousands of days....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived