Stormwolf1O1

Survival School Fishing Bug

Recommended Posts

I completed the fishing without getting supplies from the Camp Office first, and placed the fish into the bin. Now it's making me go all the way back to enter and exit the Camp Office before I can finish this part of the mission. The part about entering the Camp Office first should really optional.

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.bf739817eb90d6484b7a790db022c68c.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, that sucks.

 

It's kinda sad to see that Wintermute got so rocky launch. Maybe they should have released it little later cause these bugs/gliches/intresting game developing choises are everywhere.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mixxut said:

Wow, that sucks.

 

It's kinda sad to see that Wintermute got so rocky launch. Maybe they should have released it little later cause these bugs/gliches/intresting game developing choises are everywhere.

 

It really was a very rocky launch. It must have been a tough decision for Raph to insist they release when they said they were going to, despite the number of bugs, typos, glitches, etc. etc. I'm sure many people had that date on their calendar, and the team didn't want to disappoint.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Stormwolf1O1 said:

It really was a very rocky launch. It must have been a tough decision for Raph to insist they release when they said they were going to, despite the number of bugs, typos, glitches, etc. etc. I'm sure many people had that date on their calendar, and the team didn't want to disappoint.

Question is, would people have still gotten upset over another delay if they admitted that there were game breaking bugs present? Would the community even believe it if Raph said it himself? (a lot of people think he lies a lot).

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Fuarian said:

Question is, would people have still gotten upset over another delay if they admitted that there were game breaking bugs present? Would the community even believe it if Raph said it himself? (a lot of people think he lies a lot).

That's a good question. I'm sure people would've been upset on the devs not keeping their word about the release date, which I think is the main reason they went ahead and released it on time anyway. Maybe Raph lies sometimes, maybe he doesn't. He's only human, and he's under a lot of pressure to please many people and try and retain a good reputation for Hinterland. If you, I, or anyone else were in his position and under that much stress, heck we may find ourselves doing the same thing. I feel it's only right that he and the team take the month off after all this mess.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I was a game developer I would not set release dates before the game is ready for it. Many people have waited since 2014. Few months more would not have been that bad.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stormwolf1O1 said:

That's a good question. I'm sure people would've been upset on the devs not keeping their word about the release date, which I think is the main reason they went ahead and released it on time anyway. Maybe Raph lies sometimes, maybe he doesn't. He's only human, and he's under a lot of pressure to please many people and try and retain a good reputation for Hinterland. If you, I, or anyone else were in his position and under that much stress, heck we may find ourselves doing the same thing. I feel it's only right that he and the team take the month off after all this mess.

Yes, but I still think they should be very open about what's going on. They should keep in contact with the community, posting teasers and stuff. Not too much spoilers but still enough to keep us engaged. They should be more direct as well. Contrary to what they did with the countdown. They didn't say anything and we let our expectations get too high. If they made contact with us about what it would be directly then we would've had proper expectations. We wouldn't be extremely happy but it's better than being pissed off.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fuarian said:

Yes, but I still think they should be very open about what's going on. They should keep in contact with the community, posting teasers and stuff. Not too much spoilers but still enough to keep us engaged. They should be more direct as well. Contrary to what they did with the countdown. They didn't say anything and we let our expectations get too high. If they made contact with us about what it would be directly then we would've had proper expectations. We wouldn't be extremely happy but it's better than being pissed off.

Have to agree with you there, that might've been a better move.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Fuarian said:

Question is, would people have still gotten upset over another delay if they admitted that there were game breaking bugs present?

In my opinion, if Raphael had come to the community before release and said;

"Look.. the simple fact is, we found a major game-breaking bug that took a long time to diagnose and fix, so we didn't have time to properly playtest. We could in theory delay the launch, but not only would that piss a lot of people off, it would play hell with our game-certification process with Sony and Microsoft. So we've decided to release on-schedule but in an untested and buggy state. We know it's gonna be a huge pain, and we apologise in advance for all the hassle, but with all you guys helping to find and report bugs as fast as you can, we can get this thing whipped into shape in pretty short order. Sorry once again, but sometimes things just go wrong. You know how it is."

Then I think the vast majority of the community would have gotten behind them, and all the grief and acrimony would have been reduced to a minimum.

Edited by JAFO
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JAFO said:

In my opinion, if Raphael had come to the community before release and said;

"Look.. the simple fact is, we found a major game-breaking bug that took a long time to diagnose and fix, so we didn't have time to properly playtest. We could in theory delay the launch, but not only would that piss a lot of people off, it would play hell with our game-certification process with Sony and Microsoft. So we've decided to release on-schedule but in an untested and buggy state. We know it's gonna be a huge pain, and we apologise in advance for all the hassle, but with all you guys helping to find and report bugs as fast as you can, we can get this thing whipped into shape in pretty short order. Sorry once again, but sometimes things just go wrong. You know how it is."

Then I think the vast majority of the community would have gotten behind them, and all the grief and acrimony would have been reduced to a minimum.

Yeah, I agree. See that's what I mean when I say they need to be MORE active with the community rather than being reclusive.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Stormwolf1O1: not using that mod thing still, are you? O.o

 I tried it after you first brought it up and it makes the game really buggy...promptly uninstalled.

 Anyhow, the game requires the player to jump through all hoops, regardless of if you have the required resources on hand or not. This is the method by which they get you to learn the map and hone the skills; you have to do as it instructs in the order presented.

 Not sure how this can be seen as a bug or glitch; the game is behaving exactly as it was designed. Its unfair to make such a claim in this case; you skipped a step in the task.

Edited by Carbon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Carbon said:

@Stormwolf1O1: not using that mod thing still, are you? O.o

 I tried it after you first brought it up and it makes the game really buggy...promptly uninstalled.

 Anyhow, the game requires the player to jump through all hoops, regardless of if you have the required resources on hand or not. This is the method by which they get you to learn the map and hone the skills; you have to do as it instructs in the order presented.

 Not sure how this can be seen as a bug or glitch; the game is behaving exactly as it was designed. Its unfair to make such a claim in this case; you skipped a step in the task.

I guess you're right, it's sort of designed for newer players who don't quite know the maps or much of anything yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Well, not even that. It's the game mate....that's the way it's played. As with any mode of progression in any game, there are checkpoints that need to be hit. It has nought to do with experience but simply following the rules of play. :)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Carbon said:

 Well, not even that. It's the game mate....that's the way it's played. As with any mode of progression in any game, there are checkpoints that need to be hit. It has nought to do with experience but simply following the rules of play. :)

Can't argue with that. It was a bit silly though having to return to the Camp Office to get the necessary gear when I already had it. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Was it silly to ask you to go there or silly of you to ignore the directive in the first place?  You rebel. ;)

Edited by Carbon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel either this:

20 hours ago, Mixxut said:

If I was a game developer I would not set release dates before the game is ready for it. Many people have waited since 2014. Few months more would not have been that bad.

Or this:

8 hours ago, JAFO said:

In my opinion, if Raphael had come to the community before release and said;

"Look.. the simple fact is, we found a major game-breaking bug that took a long time to diagnose and fix, so we didn't have time to properly playtest. We could in theory delay the launch, but not only would that piss a lot of people off, it would play hell with our game-certification process with Sony and Microsoft. So we've decided to release on-schedule but in an untested and buggy state. We know it's gonna be a huge pain, and we apologise in advance for all the hassle, but with all you guys helping to find and report bugs as fast as you can, we can get this thing whipped into shape in pretty short order. Sorry once again, but sometimes things just go wrong. You know how it is."

Then I think the vast majority of the community would have gotten behind them, and all the grief and acrimony would have been reduced to a minimum.

Would have both been better choices than the choice that was apparently made...

Which was say nothing about what went wrong behind the scenes, and not prepare us for game breaking bugs, and then say sorry weeks after many people were already in an uproar about the game being so buggy across all three platforms.....

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoyed the episodes. But those bugs and stuff killed so much joy. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now