Transfer Lantern fuel

nicko

On 9/8/2017 at 2:14 AM, Mroz4k said:

I mean, that kind of depends on how much fuel was there to begin with.
You are probably correct, but, you know - game balance argument. If it were a 1% might as well just give it all back.

Also, considering how difficult it is to "spill out" the entirety of apple juice out of a cartoon box and that there will be 2-3% of it left inside no matter how much you  try, attempting to "spill out" lantern fuel through a tiny metal hole of that lantern when lantern fuel is much more oily and stickier substance, I would argue there would be much more "left inside" then just 1%. And how much you spill and lose... that really depends on a person now, doesnt it? :D

I could see more or less spillage based on how tired the person is and how cold they are. Warm, steady hands probably are going to be much better at it then shiverring tired hands.

They HT need to add a funnel object then? once you find the funnel, spillage is reduced to zero. if you do not have the funnel spillage rate occurs, yeah 1-5% maybe?

The Funnel might also come in handy for filling other vessels or containers later, be it fuel or water etc.

On 9/7/2017 at 6:12 AM, nicko said:

Sure we can always harvest a lantern to get fuel, but why trash such a good lantern? when one day if could be re filled and light again.

I second that. I have long wanted to try and make all the main locations I like to have my survivor stay at have a lantern that is full but unfortunately sometimes I have to harvest the fuel. Actually almost had to destroy a few lanterns for extra fuel at timberwolf mountain because it took me a while to get to the point where I had the ropes set up at the right spots to make the trip up to the mountain without using the cave systems.

Why not just use the full lantern when the other dries up? The condition of a lantern is meaningless; it doesn't use more fuel, provide less light/warmth, etc. at lower condition levels and will never drop to zero (be unusable). Seems like a solution looking for a problem.

I am starting to feel bad when I look in the wish list section.  So many wish list items that are already accessible via mods.  Transfer lantern fuel, binoculars, alcohol, etc, etc. and the list goes on.  Nice game, but desperately needs official mod support.

On 10/04/2018 at 9:50 AM, AZHockeyNut said:

Mods for TLD? Really?

Yes, really... there are many excellent mods, particularly Q.O.L. mods, available for TLD. And despite what the many nay-sayers over the years have said would happen, most of the gameplay-changing ones actually make the game harder, not easier. The Q.O.L. ones, on the other hand, mostly address the most annoying/illogical issues of the game.

Problem is, we're not allowed to talk about them here.. (unless Hinterland have come to their senses and had a recent change of heart that I missed).

PM me if you'd like to know more.

Archived