Items and ideas

autonomous

I think it would be cool to be able to find some of the following because people who live out in the middle of Alaska would probably have some of this or have to deal with it.

Zippo.They burn pretty much any kind of fuel from lighter fluid to gas etc. Then after starting some number of fires and refueling the lighter have the flint wear out because they do wear out. It could also work as a light source that goes out if you move too fast.

A metal file and or whetstone to get more life out of the axe and knife.

Binoculars- no explanation needed

Layering cloths- If you have a wool sweater and a fleece sweater there's no rule that says your only aloud to wear one. if it's cold you put on as many layers as you can fit.

Having something other then the rifle would be cool. I realize it's not a combat game but having something like an old stainless steel single action revolver in .357 of .44 wouldn't seem out of place in Alaska. Bonus points if you can lure the player into trying to lug to many guns and being punished by the weight.

Other game animals would be good. Moose, brown bear, polar bear, elk and wolverines. Or better then listing the big game of Alaska here is a link to Alaska department of fish and game with a list on the home page. http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?ad ... ggameintro

Small game and upland game(birds) wouldn't hurt either unless the back story killed them all off from the cold.

Some sort of crafting system could be interesting for making ineffective versions of tools. Like combining a frying pan with a tree branch and some cord to make a mediocre snow shovel. Or better something to put between me and those wolves.

When snow shelters get added it would be cool to see a few different designs which offer different amounts of protection and require different amounts of calories and time. For example in real life igloo's are really great probably as good as a cold cabin unless you put multiple people in it. Since the snow insulates and holds in the body warmth an igloo with 3 people is warm enough to be comfortable with a tee shirt. Number of people in your shelter for warmth is possibly relevant when AI is added.

Dug out hills are probably as good has an igloo if you put enough time into it to have long entrance tunnel (2 to 3 feet) and a slight rise (1 foot) up to the sleeping platform. Cool air sinks warm air rises the entrance tunnel is more about wind control. There is a real risk of collapse with this style and if your completing the collapsed section or cant move your arms your done for.

Snow trenches are probably the easiest to make and get you sort of out of the wind but do not insulate all the air as well because the doorway is usually to close and in an emergency you probably didn't build a roof onto it. A tarp or garbage bag can make a improvised roof to block some wind way quicker then cutting snow blocks and it's better then nothing + time/calorie efficient.

Last snow shelter building is always easier with some sort of tools. Snow shovel, backing sheet, pots and pans etc. Cold snow on your hands is cold.

White out conditions or high winds would be a cool weather feature. I know being up in the snow with out goggles can range from not fun to disorientingly bright with all the reflected light. Look up the condition called snow blind.

Keep up the good work.

Questionnaire:

[x]/[+] for yes; [ ]/[-] for no; [/]/[...] for suggestions; [?] for requesting more details.
1. [] Add zippo.Consumes kerosene. Flint wear out after some number of fires. Can be used as a light source.
2. [] A metal file and/or whetstone to sharpen the hatchet and knife.
2. [] Binoculars. No explanation.
3. [] Layering cloths.
4. [] More guns. Wouldn't seem out of place in Alaska.
5. [] More animals. [url=http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=hunting.biggameintro]Alaska Big Game Hunting[/url]
6. [] Crafting system for making/repairing tools, improving clothes.
7. [] Different designs of snow shelters (when it'll be added). Better shelter => more calories and time to build.
8. [] Dug out hills to use as a shelter.
9. [] Snow trenches. Easiest to make, only protect from wind chill.
10. [] Add tools to build snow shelter (shovel, backing sheet, pots and pans etc.).
11. [] Add [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photokeratitis]snow blindness[/url]. Add ski goggles for prevention of snow blindness.

1. [x] Add zippo.Consumes kerosene. Flint wear out after some number of fires. Can be used as a light source.

Good idea.

2. [x] A metal file and/or whetstone to sharpen the hatchet and knife.

2. [?] Binoculars. No explanation.

I don't why would I need it in the game. Can you explain?

3. [x] Layering cloths.

4. [-] More guns. Wouldn't seem out of place in Alaska.

I don't think there should be a big variety of guns. May be just a pistol/revolver.

5. [x] More animals. Alaska Big Game Hunting

It's already in works. I think the next major update will introduce few new animals.

6. [x] Crafting system for making/repairing tools, improving clothes.

It's already in works. But it won't be available in alpha.

7. [x] Different designs of snow shelters (when it'll be added). Better shelter => more calories and time to build.

It won't be available in alpha.

8. [-] Dug out hills to use as a shelter.

I don't think it's really necessary. Igloo is more then enough IMHO.

9. [-] Snow trenches. Easiest to make, only protect from wind chill.

Same as 8.

10. [x] Add tools to build snow shelter (shovel, backing sheet, pots and pans etc.).

Of course you would need tools to do that. But I think you'll have them only in story mode.

11. [x] Add snow blindness. Add ski goggles/sunglasses for prevention of snow blindness.

It would add realism, although if you won't have them at the game start and the spawn will be bad you'll get the condition before finding them.

P.S.: You're welcome to join the discussion in my thread.

Ultimate challenge! Read The Long Post! Become the chosen one! Hehe ;)

1. [x] Good idea.

2. [x] Yep.

2. [-] I don't think there's much use for that, although I wouldn't mind seeing this added.

3. [-] Not needed in my opinion.

4. [x] I agree, but I think that is already planned.

5. [x] I agree, but this will already be added in the next update on the 29th. More to come later.

6. [x] I agree again, parts of this will also be added on the 29th.

7. [-] I don't see the use of that, usually you will stay in huts or houses anyway and not outside.

8. [-] Hard to implement and little use to get out of that.

9. [-] Well I don't know where you are staying, but seeing as there's mountains and hills around... those are much more convenient wind blockers

10. [-] Nice to have, but not really required. Simply add a shovel, that should do the trick.

11. [-] Meh. Not really a fan of this idea. Sure it would add to realism, but since we are a free floating head anyway, we can always assume that this head is already wearing sunglasses.

A-z books didn't see that. I'll have to try and read threw it latter tonight but it's good to know a little bit of whats coming ahead with future updates.

lol with the sunglasses. No wonder it's so dark at night I must have left my sun glasses on.

[bBvideo 560,340:3amx2jcr]

[/bBvideo]

Archived