Stormwolf1O1

A Dam Hard Challenge

Recommended Posts

On 3.9.2017 at 9:56 PM, Stormwolf1O1 said:

Burns? :) 

Yeah. Thank god I had painkillers.

Edited by Mixxut
Removed the "I" because it sounded stupid
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, here's the Pilgrim record. Honestly had I stretched more of my food earlier I could've probably made it to 40 days, but doesn't matter.

I also felt bad for killing her when she full well could have survived much longer, so in the last five percent I let her go outside and look at the aurora, lol. Don't worry, I didn't take anything, not that I would have lived long enough to cook it/survived the food poisoning.

(On another note, thanks for helping me get the Pacifist achievement, haha.)

screen_73021674-7fbf-4e6b-8b75-de733a62498e_hi.png

screen_d7ce37ba-20ba-4e89-b691-5dd648425894_hi.png

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SweetNightmare said:

Alright, here's the Pilgrim record. Honestly had I stretched more of my food earlier I could've probably made it to 40 days, but doesn't matter.

I also felt bad for killing her when she full well could have survived much longer, so in the last five percent I let her go outside and look at the aurora, lol. Don't worry, I didn't take anything, not that I would have lived long enough to cook it/survived the food poisoning.

(On another note, thanks for helping me get the Pacifist achievement, haha.)

screen_73021674-7fbf-4e6b-8b75-de733a62498e_hi.png

screen_d7ce37ba-20ba-4e89-b691-5dd648425894_hi.png

How much food did you find? On voyageur I found 6 sodas, 4 chocolate bars, trhee beef jerseys and a can of dog food. Is there more loot on pilgrim?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Btw @Stormwolf1O1 there is a deer on top of the dam if you use the emergeny exit door. Is it Allowed to go harvest it since it's on top of the dam?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mixxut said:

How much food did you find? On voyageur I found 6 sodas, 4 chocolate bars, trhee beef jerseys and a can of dog food. Is there more loot on pilgrim?

4 sodas, 3 candy bars, 2 energy bars, a pack of beef jerky, two boxes of herbal tea (score!), a tin of coffee (double score!), and I lucked out with an MRE in the safe in the control room (got about four feedings off of it by canceling the eating bar). I would go about two days without eating, then eat just enough to recover condition while I slept. I also slightly exploited the starving exhaustion mechanic; if you have a chunk of red on your exhaustion bar you can sleep however long you want. I THINK I lost condition slower that way but I'm not sure. I'm not as familiar with the dam as I should be so who knows, maybe I missed some. (For instance, I don't know about this way to get on top of the dam.) With that in mind I'm sure I probably could've gone much farther. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, SweetNightmare said:

4 sodas, 3 candy bars, 2 energy bars, a pack of beef jerky, two boxes of herbal tea (score!), a tin of coffee (double score!), and I lucked out with an MRE in the safe in the control room (got about four feedings off of it by canceling the eating bar). I would go about two days without eating, then eat just enough to recover condition while I slept. I also slightly exploited the starving exhaustion mechanic; if you have a chunk of red on your exhaustion bar you can sleep however long you want. I THINK I lost condition slower that way but I'm not sure. I'm not as familiar with the dam as I should be so who knows, maybe I missed some. (For instance, I don't know about this way to get on top of the dam.) With that in mind I'm sure I probably could've gone much farther. 

Nice! What did you do to keep yourself amused? I parkoured in the dam and almost killed myself :D

 

Im coming for that record! Or maybe make my voyager one better

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Mixxut said:

Nice! What did you do to keep yourself amused? I parkoured in the dam and almost killed myself :D

"I'm gonna take a crack at trying to survive inside the Dam for as long as possible!"
"This is like.. seriously boring. What can I do to amuse myself?"
"I know! I'll try out stupid shit that might get me killed! What could possibly go wrong?"

Am I the only one who sees a fundamental conflict of intentions here? ;):P:D

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, JAFO said:

"I'm gonna take a crack at trying to survive inside the Dam for as long as possible!"
"This is like.. seriously boring. What can I do to amuse myself?"
"I know! I'll try out stupid shit that might get me killed! What could possibly go wrong?"

Am I the only one who sees a fundamental conflict of intentions here? ;):P:D

;D

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I will give this a shot...I doubt I'll beat any records, but it will be fun regardless.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mixxut said:

Btw @Stormwolf1O1 there is a deer on top of the dam if you use the emergeny exit door. Is it Allowed to go harvest it since it's on top of the dam?

I'm aware of that deer carcass, but unfortunately it's outside the interior of the Dam and the challenge forbids outside sources of food, so no. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Stormwolf1O1 said:

I'm aware of that deer carcass, but unfortunately it's outside the interior of the Dam and the challenge forbids outside sources of food, so no. :(

It kills me inside to leave those deers alone D:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So even if you find the rifle in there it's useless because you can't go outside to hunt?

Ok....you confused me because you mentioned finding a rifle in the dam....

So basically no hunting outside...

You just have to eat whatever you scrounge INSIDE the dam?

Ok...well that's pretty limiting....

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mixxut said:

Nice! What did you do to keep yourself amused? I parkoured in the dam and almost killed myself :D

 

Im coming for that record! Or maybe make my voyager one better

I made water. Lots of water. When I couldn't stand to make water any more I just continuously passed the time or slept. I also toured the dam a few times in case I missed anything. Was too chicken to get on the elevator; wasn't sure where it went and didn't want to get stuck away from my water and food. Found a glitched door that let me walk through it. (It only had a blank blue landscape past it so I didn't go very far.)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just started a new game for this challenge. And of course, I spawn on the western edge of the map at a couple hours into night, during an Aurora. It's midnight now, with the Aurora going strong, and I had to sprint most of the way to the dam to avoid hypothermia... I don't have high hopes for this run. XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thrasador said:

So even if you find the rifle in there it's useless because you can't go outside to hunt?

Ok....you confused me because you mentioned finding a rifle in the dam....

So basically no hunting outside...

You just have to eat whatever you scrounge INSIDE the dam?

Ok...well that's pretty limiting....

Right, even if the rifle does spawn and you have it, the challenge forbids you from going outside and...using it lol. Infact, it's best to stay within the interior of the building from beginning to end, with the challenge beginning as soon as you step inside, and obviously ending once you die.

It's extremely limiting to be restricted to only what you loot from within the dam, but that's the challenge! A lot of it is luck, some of it is knowing how to ration food effectively and balance your condition to the best of your ability until you no longer have to means to control it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mixxut said:

It kills me inside to leave those deers alone D:

On the bright side, it's usually only about 1-5 lbs of meat, which wouldn't keep you full for long anyway!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SweetNightmare said:

 Was too chicken to get on the elevator; wasn't sure where it went and didn't want to get stuck away from my water and food.

Is there a way to interact with it in Survival? I tried both upstairs doors (and buttons) during Auroras, but saw no prompt or way to interact with them. I didn't bother trying the one on the bottom floor, though.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WanderingPalm said:

Is there a way to interact with it in Survival? I tried both upstairs doors (and buttons) during Auroras, but saw no prompt or way to interact with them. I didn't bother trying the one on the bottom floor, though.

I have no idea, I just know I avoided it, haha.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SweetNightmare said:

I have no idea, I just know I avoided it, haha.

Heh, I guess I just had the opposite reaction to it that you did. I kept hoping maybe there was a prybar inside the elevator and was desperate to get in!

Alas, I'll never know what's in these locked lockers...

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WanderingPalm said:

Heh, I guess I just had the opposite reaction to it that you did. I kept hoping maybe there was a prybar inside the elevator and was desperate to get in!

Alas, I'll never know what's in these locked lockers...

I found a prybar luckily, but it was mostly just clothing for me, which obviously it being pilgrim and indoors I didn't really need. It was going to be used for repairing my bedroll if I had made it that long.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In case you're wondering I'm trying Interloper...and I just died on the rear doorstep of the dam...so technically the challenge never even started.

In Interloper half the challenge is just getting to the Dam.

Oh and by the way I would've had to leave the dam...anyway and check Camp Office for the bedroll because there was nothing in the Winding River Cave.

Oh well, back to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if there's a way to make an Interloper game start in ML? Otherwise it's not really sensible, without resting or picking anything up elsewhere death is likely to be reached before the dam.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interloper is impossible since you can't spawn on ML and finding bedroll is gonna be awful

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mixxut said:

Interloper is impossible since you can't spawn on ML and finding bedroll is gonna be awful

I would have to agree with this assessment....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now