Removal of backer support on introduction

Vagos

I would like to point out that you have removed the backer support from the introductory sequence but you have kept Canada Media Fund support instead.

As a kickstarter backer from the early beginning I feel a bit disappointed.

I have personally pledged at October 9th 2013, provided also my support in the forums during the early stages of development as much as I could, bugs, recommendations etc.

3 years and 10 months later we have found out that the backer support screen has been removed from the game.

You may very well be right, but...

Just because you backed the game it does not give you any sort of priviledge to anyone else. When you backed the game, you knew there was a risk it was going to fail and your backing would have been wasted - and you backed it anyways, willingly, at your own risk.

Hinterland has no obligation to you in this aspect, other then their own judgement - if they feel like there is no more reason to input the Kickstarter mention into the opening of the game, it is their right to chose and remove it. Also, perhaps there are other reasons why they dont display it anymore, reasons we cant see as third party. Some sort of legal reasons come to mind. We can only guess - or we could have asked the Hinterland representatives in here.

Instead of making a polite question about this, you come complaining like somebody owes you something. Nobody owes you nothing, and if you were to ask my opinion, I think Hinterland treated their backers pretty well so far.

Maybe they don't as you say, although I feel that kickstarter money was the initiative to start this game, every single penny matters despite the fact that it wasn't that much for the final amount of work they have delivered.

It maybe for aesthetic or even for practical reasons but still I would like a reason for removing it.

And from the letters also that are found around. I believe those are also backers recognition too.

Thank you for giving to the Kickstarter as this game is amazing and this has opened my eyes to the fact that many games may be falling to the wayside from a lack of support. 

On the cairns though, since first seeing those, always thought that was a class act on the studios part to recognize the backers.

You even have a special moniker/title under your name that lets everyone know you were a backer. And again I say thanks because I really love playing this game!

I work with mostly home based caregivers through hospice and one thing I always ask them is why they are being a caregiver. Much like being a caregiver, your being a backer with your time, money and care is a gift. Ironic thing about gifts are that sometimes you won't get the grand gesture of thanks or recognition for that gift. If that's why you were doing it, you will 99% of the time face disappointment. However, if you were doing it because you loved doing it, and wanted to be a part of something bigger than yourself, 99% of the time the satisfaction comes from just being a part of something special. 

My .02  and a can of :peaches:

On 9/2/2017 at 6:57 AM, Vagos said:

Maybe they don't as you say, although I feel that kickstarter money was the initiative to start this game, every single penny matters despite the fact that it wasn't that much for the final amount of work they have delivered.

It maybe for aesthetic or even for practical reasons but still I would like a reason for removing it.

Kickstarter support is integrated into the game in a variety of ways, and we will be deepening that recognition as we move forward with fulfilling backer content and rewards. I can't speak to the into sequence at this time, but I will follow up on it for you. Please keep in mind, the whole studio is currently on break, so we appreciate your patience. Thanks. 

Archived