Fun Fact About Bears

Stormwolf1O1

Actually I was playing on Pilgrim difficulty, just crouched and slowly snuck up to him so he wouldn't wake up. I believe detection radius may be vastly reduced on Pilgrim, especially while crouching, but I haven't tested it. No mods were used. This is the bear from the Bear Creek area in CH.

I found a bear just like this one, in story mode, back behind the maintenance area as I was looking for the Lodge. I thought it was dead and started to just walk right in and suddenly it started moving! It was a definite sphincter level event.

I quickly ran away and managed to get far enough away  so that when I crouched he wasn't able to track me. But the only reason that worked is because I got out of the cave and got at least 50 to 70 yards away before he had actually even left the cave.

It was quite an amazing moment. Before encountering him I had never seen a sleeping bear .

44 minutes ago, L² said:

I found a bear just like this one, in story mode, back behind the maintenance area as I was looking for the Lodge. I thought it was dead and started to just walk right in and suddenly it started moving! It was a definite sphincter level event.

I quickly ran away and managed to get far enough away  so that when I crouched he wasn't able to track me. But the only reason that worked is because I got out of the cave and got at least 50 to 70 yards away before he had actually even left the cave.

It was quite an amazing moment. Before encountering him I had never seen a sleeping bear .

Ah, I know exactly which bear you're talking about. :) There's only one bear in Broken Railroad anyway. It sounds like that would've been hilarious to witness!

1 hour ago, henroe32 said:

Probably, but perhaps but if I were a genuine survivor and I hadn't once seen this bear I could have gone from the dam and never once seen this bear. I guess I'll kill it for good ol' Jeremiah

I feel like Jeremiah wouldn't have a problem with having all bears dead! But especially The Old Bear, over all others.

I think the skin for the story old bear is the same as the one from the hunted challenges. That's not bad but who on Earth shot this bear with arrows? It definitely wasn't Jeremiah and no one else is seen with reasonable time for those arrows to stay in bear. Maybe the bear grows arrows on it's back like a stegosaurus.

8 minutes ago, henroe32 said:

I think the skin for the story old bear is the same as the one from the hunted challenges. That's not bad but who on Earth shot this bear with arrows? It definitely wasn't Jeremiah and no one else is seen with reasonable time for those arrows to stay in bear. Maybe the bear grows arrows on it's back like a stegosaurus.

He's a very old bear! Who knows when he got those arrows, or how many people he's been targeted by. Or rather, how many people he's targeted...

He is definitely the same Old Bear from the Hunted challenges. No other bear is that unrelenting!

9 hours ago, Stormwolf1O1 said:

He's a very old bear! Who knows when he got those arrows, or how many people he's been targeted by. Or rather, how many people he's targeted...

He is definitely the same Old Bear from the Hunted challenges. No other bear is that unrelenting!

I believe astrid put those arrows in the bear. Would explain why jeremiah knew Wills partner was a "she"

Archived