Definite Bug in Mystery Lake Hunter's Perch

Dougie

The other day I was looking for the cache by the hunters's perch when I heard a squeek and saw that a wolf had just caught a rabbit. I shot the wolf - it was getting dark and cold, so I collected a bunch of firewood to harvest the wolf, and expected to spend the night. I started the fire, dumped all my wood into it for 7 hours of fire, harvested the wolf, and walked a short distance to get more wood to increase the time.  When I got back to the fire, it said I only had 17 minutes of fire left.  I spent the darkness trying to survive and barely did.  How the heck did I burn 7 hours of fire in minutes?  I play on Xbox One

Did the wind pick up or change direction? That can blow a fire out. I have experienced that myself... it has always been related to the wind either getting stronger, changing direction, or both.

And yeah, I was really pissed the first time it happened. I was in a place I'd never been before when a whiteout blew up out of nowhere and blew my fire out. Fortunately, I had enough sticks and cloth that I managed to build a snow shelter in time to keep from freezing to death.

Agreed.. I've seen a shift or increase in wind speed shorten the life of a fire lots of times. It's much better to use only what wood you really need to when harvesting a carcass.. then find a sheltered spot to build a fire to pass the night by.. although even that's no guarantee the wind won't shift and blow it out on you. Two hours is the longest you should sleep when outdoors by a fire, just in case this happens.

Archived