Hollowpoint245

Walking Asleep???

Recommended Posts

Just noticed this extra "negative sign" haunting my HUD right above my fatigue meter. What exactly does this mean, and/or do I need to sleep off any extra negative exhaustion it may add? I have a feeling this most likely due to my hunger bar as well.......

screen_659bc92b-1f1d-4d6f-baef-8a12402e2913.thumb.png.cc2abea0df0c2bdc0d019b712f9ec420.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

don't know I've never seen this below and your exaustion bar is at the top (the red bit) it needs to be at the bottoms of the eye i don't know what it is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm currently trying to complete the White Out challenge and have been running on minimal snacks, etc for a few days in order to build my supply. I'll go eat something and see if that changes anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hollowpoint245 said:

I'm currently trying to complete the White Out challenge and have been running on minimal snacks, etc for a few days in order to build my supply. I'll go eat something and see if that changes anything.

Tried that, plus I slept - no change. I'm encumbered too, I'll see if that's what's causing the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Malnutrition: Rest "eyeball" develops a negative sign and no longer fills all the way (the top portion being greyed out similar to the way the stamina ring gets a red area that cannot be used.  Brought on by not consuming calories for 24 hours.  Cure by consuming calories such that one's Food "stomach" remains fuller than zero for a period of time roughly proportional to 1/4 the time spent without calories.  This affliction does not show on the affliction page.

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mixxut said:

Not consuning calories for 24 hours? That's a suicide.

24 hours with an empty "stomach" is just 24 points of Condition lost.  Not that a big deal.  I usually see it while crafting.

Honestly, I think Malnutrition is a half-finished affliction that just slipped into a pre-release version without ever being vetted.  It never appeared in change notes.  It hasn't been included in the afflictions display.  Most attempts to get the company to comment on it are met with an "I'll ask" and never get updated.  I think someone had an idea of what they thought would be interesting and wrote a bit of it in on the side then accidentally sent in that update file for review.  And no one caught it cuz it wasn't supposed to be there.  And not eating for 24 hours is not something many players often do let alone whatever playtesters they found at the time.  But its in there.  Just another "hinterland development" it seems.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyway, that's a great idea, thumbs up for the one who thought of this. Should be officialized, though. I am in favor of more penalties when the condition drops (or when the condition system is abused).

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only time I've seen it is to indicate that you have decreased max condition and/or fatigue due to an affliction, such as intestinal worms, or hypothermia. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, StrayCat said:

Anyway, that's a great idea, thumbs up for the one who thought of this. Should be officialized, though. I am in favor of more penalties when the condition drops (or when the condition system is abused).

Absolutely. I'd love to see this developed further, to put a spin on the game mechanic that currently allows player to remain in full health with an evening snack. As it is, hunger is largely inconsequential even on interloper and it shouldn't be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2017 at 11:53 PM, selfless said:

Malnutrition: Rest "eyeball" develops a negative sign and no longer fills all the way (the top portion being greyed out similar to the way the stamina ring gets a red area that cannot be used.  Brought on by not consuming calories for 24 hours.  Cure by consuming calories such that one's Food "stomach" remains fuller than zero for a period of time roughly proportional to 1/4 the time spent without calories.  This affliction does not show on the affliction page.

Thank you, Selfless! I really wish that actually were on the affliction page. How obnoxious to have one and not have it explained anywhere in the game. I get the dev's desire for a minimal HUD and everything, but this is ridiculous... Do they really expect someone to figure this out from a red minus and an upside-down fatigue meter? :/

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now