Xbox One Patch 4 (v.1.15) and Jeremiah's Flare Cache... still nope.

Sashamorning

Weeeell... new patch, same issue it appears.  I'm not sure if this patch was intended to address the much-cursed Jeremiah's Flare Cache Dilemma or not, but it didn't.

Apparently it addressed other issues, which is a good thing.  But it looks like I'm going to be hanging out in Jeremiah's cabin waiting for the cache to be fixed before I hunt the bear.

It's been mentioned in other threads already.  Apparently there was a fix that patched something but broke something else?  (That's a bummer.)  So I guess something's on the way?

So I'm assuming Patch 5 will address this.  I hope.  A lot.  As was asked in an earlier thread, could we just drop that cache from the achievement?  As it is, it's the only cache that wasn't really given to us by a note.  I think.  It's been so long since I got the other 9 caches that I really can't remember anymore... :-(

Meanwhile, the Bear is getting bored playing with the rabbits and waiting for me to kill it.  I'd really like to, Mr. Bear, but I don't want to have to replay both episodes to get the caches.  I'd rather be scaling mountains in Survival.  Sorry, Mr. Bear.

I love the game.  I'd just like this patched.  Pretty please?  With sprinkles?

Did determining the flare cache bug was somehow linked to picking up the note for Allan's cache in the Carter Dam help solve this issue in anyway? @Raphael van Lierop

If so, @Sirdoeboy01 was the guy who discovered that through play testing Episode 2. He seems to be particularly good at finding work arounds for bugs and weird glitches....like when you could get back into Milton after starting Episode 2. (Pretty sure he discovered that)

He would make an excellent gameplay tester.....

On 8/28/2017 at 3:43 PM, Patrick Carlson said:

It's an issue we continue to investigate - I am sure the goal is to fix the bug, rather than change the achievement. When we have more information, we'll be sure to share it. Thanks for your understanding. 

Obviously ideally the goal is to fix the bug....

The idea to change the achievement to exclude that cache was an idea brought up by me and a few others over two weeks ago in another thread. Our thoughts being, if it was going to take more than a couple days to patch the bug (which it did...it's taken weeks) maybe instead change the achievement so we aren't forced to wait around in Episode 2 not playing the game for however long it was going to take to patch it. Seeing as the bug has been allegedly fixed and the patch should be out soon there's not much point in changing the achievement now.....well unless this patch also doesn't work....or you plan on not releasing the patch for ANOTHER week or two....

11 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

Obviously ideally the goal is to fix the bug....

The idea to change the achievement to exclude that cache was an idea brought up by me and a few others over two weeks ago in another thread. Our thoughts being, if it was going to take more than a couple days to patch the bug (which it did...it's taken weeks) maybe instead change the achievement so we aren't forced to wait around in Episode 2 not playing the game for however long it was going to take to patch it. Seeing as the bug has been allegedly fixed and the patch should be out soon there's not much point in changing the achievement now.....well unless this patch also doesn't work....or you plan on not releasing the patch for ANOTHER week or two....

Yep! And as you heard above, the fix is in the next patch - as they release for each platform. 

The bug reporting site is making me pretty nervous....

Stuff is still disappearing in the Farm at Pleasant Valley.

Someone died and had a disappearing bear ear....which has been fixed 2-3 times already.

Someone reported wolves not being afraid of fire, torches, or being attacked.

I've been having trouble with wolves and bait.

And there's still this patch we are waiting on....

I hope this patch fixes everything.....

On 9/3/2017 at 8:37 PM, Thrasador said:

The bug reporting site is making me pretty nervous....

Stuff is still disappearing in the Farm at Pleasant Valley.

Someone died and had a disappearing bear ear....which has been fixed 2-3 times already.

Someone reported wolves not being afraid of fire, torches, or being attacked.

I've been having trouble with wolves and bait.

And there's still this patch we are waiting on....

I hope this patch fixes everything.....

I really hope so because this game still sits at the top of my favorite list above all others at a thin margin that is getting thinner :/

Can any XB1 players who were unable to pick up the bear pelt from the overlook floor (survival story mission) prior to this patch confirm whether this has fixed that problem, without requiring a restart? That put the brakes on my Wintermute game about a month ago and I don't want to restart story mode.

On 8/31/2017 at 7:58 PM, Patrick Carlson said:

Yep! And as you heard above, the fix is in the next patch - as they release for each platform. 

Ok, @Patrick Carlson it's been more than a week since we last discussed the upcoming patch to fix the flare cache issue....

You and @Raphael van Lieropboth said "soon," but no exact ETA yet...

Since it's been over a week more since then, are we any closer to this patch being released?

Do we at least have an ETA? Couple more days? Another week? Or after everyone gets back from vacation this month....so like October?

I just want to know if I will get to play The Long Dark this month, or if it's time for a new game....

5 hours ago, Thrasador said:

Ok, @Patrick Carlson it's been more than a week since we last discussed the upcoming patch to fix the flare cache issue....

You and @Raphael van Lieropboth said "soon," but no exact ETA yet...

Since it's been over a week more since then, are we any closer to this patch being released?

Do we at least have an ETA? Couple more days? Another week? Or after everyone gets back from vacation this month....so like October?

I just want to know if I will get to play The Long Dark this month, or if it's time for a new game....

The patch is in testing right now. I can't give you an ETA on its release, as testing is a complex process and any date I give you could be subject to change. I understand, of course, the desire for more info, but that is the best we can do at the moment. We're working on it. 

11 hours ago, Patrick Carlson said:

The patch is in testing right now. I can't give you an ETA on its release, as testing is a complex process and any date I give you could be subject to change. I understand, of course, the desire for more info, but that is the best we can do at the moment. We're working on it. 

Ok, guess we'll just keep trying to wait patiently. Sorry, I am not great at it, I have an impulse control disorder. Waiting a week without bringing it up again was the best I could manage....

(That's actually REALLY good for me.... I mean making it a whole week. That took a lot of self control....)

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I'm getting super bummed here.

PS4 patch v1.15 on September 19.

Steam patch v1.15 on September 16

PS4 *AND* Steam patch v1.14 on September 13.

I know I play a lot of games.  I really do.  But the longer I wait for the flares cache to get fixed, the more I'm inclined to spend time moving on.  I know I'm a bit OCD, and I maintain a high number of games along the way, but I've been super into TLD...at least until these bugs basically stopped me dead in the water.

I know that certs take a while, but it's been 6 days since the PS4 v1.15, and it's been 12 days since the one BEFORE that.

Pretty please, with sugar on top, fix this already?  Thankees!

On 26.9.2017 at 5:51 AM, Sashamorning said:

I know I play a lot of games.  I really do.  But the longer I wait for the flares cache to get fixed, the more I'm inclined to spend time moving on.  I know I'm a bit OCD, and I maintain a high number of games along the way, but I've been super into TLD...at least until these bugs basically stopped me dead in the water.

I know that certs take a while, but it's been 6 days since the PS4 v1.15, and it's been 12 days since the one BEFORE that.

Pretty please, with sugar on top, fix this already?  Thankees!

What platform are you on? It's fixed on PS4 you just have to go to Jeremiah and ask about the wolves again and the cache will show up on the map, at least it did that for me and other members here.

Edit.

Oops, just noticed it for Xbox One :o, but try going back to Jeremiah and ask him again, it should show up.

Edit.

Double oops, so Xbox One hasn't got the latest update yet?

On 9/25/2017 at 7:44 PM, jkripper said:

And I made it a week and a half!  Still waiting.. Getting annoyed with all the PC/PS4 people being like, "yay its fixed!!!" <death glare>
So, Mr Thrasador.. what is this 'Subnautica' you speak of?

@JAFO recommended it to me, it's on Steam.

Honestly after playing Subnautica now for about 100 hours, I'm not in love with it.

It's interesting. There is much to explore and craft. It's also a "survival game." It can be pretty fun sometimes, at least in the beginning when it's all new and exciting. After playing for a while you need to start exploring deeper and more dangerous biomes in the ocean. That could be fun too, except for one major issue I have with the game....no real weapons....

Eventually you start facing off against really giant "leviathan" class creatures....several different species of them, and you have a knife....a friggin knife. Needless to say if you try to kill one with a knife, it takes like 30 real life minutes and about 100 knife swipes. You will most likely be eaten before you succeed, so it's really just a huge headache.

You aern't really "supposed" to kill anything. The devs went all pacifist after the Sandy Hook shootings apparently. So they refuse to add lethal weapons to Subnautica. So you are really just supposed to run away and try to avoid hostile predators. That's the part I simply don't enjoy. I don't run, I fight....it's in my nature. I don't enjoy games where you don't at least have a fighting chance. In Subnautica you don't.....

57 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

It's interesting. There is much to explore and craft. It's also a "survival game." It can be pretty fun sometimes, at least in the beginning when it's all new and exciting. After playing for a while you need to start exploring deeper and more dangerous biomes in the ocean. That could be fun too, except for one major issue I have with the game....no real weapons....

Eventually you start facing off against really giant "leviathan" class creatures....several different species of them, and you have a knife....a friggin knife. Needless to say if you try to kill one with a knife, it takes like 30 real life minutes and about 100 knife swipes. You will most likely be eaten before you succeed, so it's really just a huge headache.

You aern't really "supposed" to kill anything. The devs went all pacifist after the Sandy Hook shootings apparently. So they refuse to add lethal weapons to Subnautica. So you are really just supposed to run away and try to avoid hostile predators. That's the part I simply don't enjoy. I don't run, I fight....it's in my nature. I don't enjoy games where you don't at least have a fighting chance. In Subnautica you don't.....

Well.. there are some helpful workarounds, with things like the stasis rifle, propulsion/repulsion cannons, and decoys, but yeah.. directly fighting is generally best avoided. Sorry it didn't turn out to be your cup of tea, mate.

Archived