Stormwolf1O1

Playing the game a little differently...

8 hours ago, Thrasador said:

I can't get over the fact that you have found THREE bedrolls across three maps on Interloper....something seems off. I started a Pilgrim run in Broken Railroad and I found 0 bedrolls....of course I started with one....

You found more skill books than me too.

The only thing there seems to be less of for you is processed food. You have found as many tools as me....if not more....

Like I've said, the items you find and where you find them varies from playthrough to playthrough. ;)

2 hours ago, Fuarian said:

I've always wanted a trainer/mod because of this feature only. They really need to re-do the placing items mechanic in game. 

Which mod or trainer did you use to acheive this? And how could I possibly do it?

I'll PM you the details.

This is extremely cool to see. In fact it's totally something I never expected to see. I had an idea for this game that I think this 'mod' would greatly help me with, since it's become extremely difficult due to the changes and additions since Interloper was introduced. Would it be possible for you to PM me the info about it? I'll explain my idea here just so it doesn't sound unnecessarily mischievous.

Basically, I had a plan to start in CH, and hoard all the food items and tools I could find. I would arrange them, nicely, along parts of interiors, and set myself up so I wouldn't have to move for 24 in-game hours, during which I'd pick a spot, stare at it, and every 5 or so seconds real time I would press F10 for the absurd-res screenshots. Once 24 hours has passed in this location, I'd turn all the screenshots into a .gif image so that it would be a perfect day/night loop.

I understand how large the files would be lol, but totally worth it.

I first had this idea in the Camp Office in Mystery Lake one morning; I looked up at the window towards the ceiling from the front door, and noticed the light rays coming through the window. Fascinated, I watched them pan slowly across the room, taking a couple screenshots (a different computer so cannot provide atm) and wondering how I could make that even prettier.
So there's my idea. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Anorax_Xarona said:

This is extremely cool to see. In fact it's totally something I never expected to see. I had an idea for this game that I think this 'mod' would greatly help me with, since it's become extremely difficult due to the changes and additions since Interloper was introduced. Would it be possible for you to PM me the info about it? I'll explain my idea here just so it doesn't sound unnecessarily mischievous.

Basically, I had a plan to start in CH, and hoard all the food items and tools I could find. I would arrange them, nicely, along parts of interiors, and set myself up so I wouldn't have to move for 24 in-game hours, during which I'd pick a spot, stare at it, and every 5 or so seconds real time I would press F10 for the absurd-res screenshots. Once 24 hours has passed in this location, I'd turn all the screenshots into a .gif image so that it would be a perfect day/night loop.

I understand how large the files would be lol, but totally worth it.

I first had this idea in the Camp Office in Mystery Lake one morning; I looked up at the window towards the ceiling from the front door, and noticed the light rays coming through the window. Fascinated, I watched them pan slowly across the room, taking a couple screenshots (a different computer so cannot provide atm) and wondering how I could make that even prettier.
So there's my idea. 

I really like that idea! I'll PM you the mod info. Hope the plan goes well!

• Upvote 3

Just to let everyone know, I'm still doing this and will start the process with Coastal Highway soon enough. I've just been caught up with getting The Will to Live achievement. :) 300+ days so far, over halfway!

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Stormwolf1O1 said:

Just to let everyone know, I'm still doing this and will start the process with Coastal Highway soon enough. I've just been caught up with getting The Will to Live achievement. :) 300+ days so far, over halfway!

I have to know: have you finally found pants yet? I know you have your deerskin, but I'm amazed at the idea of this world you live in where pants don't exist...

• Upvote 1

Just now, WanderingPalm said:

I have to know: have you finally found pants yet? I know you have your deerskin, but I'm amazed at the idea of this world you live in where pants don't exist...

I did actually find pants a while ago! A pair of decent jeans. I'm a bit ashamed to admit this, but I had overlooked the pair of jeans earlier on in Mystery Lake. They were atop one of the bunk beds in a Logging Camp trailer. Must have not seen them the first time I went in, not even sure why I went in the second time!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Stormwolf1O1 said:

I did actually find pants a while ago! A pair of decent jeans. I'm a bit ashamed to admit this, but I had overlooked the pair of jeans earlier on in Mystery Lake. They were atop one of the bunk beds in a Logging Camp trailer. Must have not seen them the first time I went in, not even sure why I went in the second time!

Well, you know what that means: you're going to have to double-check every previously visited location now!

I'm also slightly saddened that my lore for your world no longer applies... It was about a group of people who shunned the restrictions modern society placed on keeping their legs covered, and were forced to relocate to this unforgiving region to live out their beliefs. Of course, trying to live in a cold and snowy climate like this without pants meant that they didn't survive long, hence why you never find any living people around.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, WanderingPalm said:

I'm also slightly saddened that my lore for your world no longer applies... It was about a group of people who shunned the restrictions modern society placed on keeping their legs covered, and were forced to relocate to this unforgiving region to live out their beliefs. Of course, trying to live in a cold and snowy climate like this without pants meant that they didn't survive long, hence why you never find any living people around.

Omg, forget the pants! I love this! :D

Good lord, are pants really that rare on Interloper?  Just more affirmation to not play a serious game on that difficulty lol.
I've also noticed sometimes, and even in vanilla TLD, sometimes reentering a location produces more loot. I'm not sure why, but I know my currently active game started in Desolation Point and I entered one of the trailers three different times over the course of an in-game week to find that all the loot containers were suddenly unsearched and there were a few supplies in plain sight I know I couldn't have missed. I didn't save and quit after any of these times; it was a continuous about 5 hour play session. Does this still happen on Interloper? 
The progress on my idea is coming along, if slowly lol. Some IRL hurricane prep has slowed me down, although I did discover that a full night cycle of hi-res screenshots averaged about 1.4 GB. :S  No wonder my compy is taking so long to compile them.
I want to do this with all interiors that cast light rays, so I think I'll probably have to hook up another hard drive just for TLD. HA!

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Anorax_Xarona said:

Good lord, are pants really that rare on Interloper?  Just more affirmation to not play a serious game on that difficulty lol.
I've also noticed sometimes, and even in vanilla TLD, sometimes reentering a location produces more loot. I'm not sure why, but I know my currently active game started in Desolation Point and I entered one of the trailers three different times over the course of an in-game week to find that all the loot containers were suddenly unsearched and there were a few supplies in plain sight I know I couldn't have missed. I didn't save and quit after any of these times; it was a continuous about 5 hour play session. Does this still happen on Interloper? 

I've heard of this happening, but I'm not sure about Interloper. Will have to do a bit of research on it myself! :) 

On 8/27/2017 at 1:01 PM, Stormwolf1O1 said:

You can! (With the mod) ;)

And believe me, even on Interloper I've been clicking nonstop basically. And lots of traveling. Thank god for fly mode..

Too bad I'm on console. No mod support :(

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, omoon66 said:

Too bad I'm on console. No mod support :(

With games I care about as much as I do TLD, I don't feel bad at all about buying it on all my platforms. I paid full price (*sigh*) for Skyrim to get it on my PC and my 360. And heck, I'd do the same for TLD if I had an Xbone! :P

• Upvote 1

Just now, Stormwolf1O1 said:

With games I care about as much as I do TLD, I don't feel bad at all about buying it on all my platforms. I paid full price (*sigh*) for Skyrim to get it on my PC and my 360. And heck, I'd do the same for TLD if I had an Xbone! :P

Yeah, I'm not really a computer gamer (mostly because I have a computer that MIGHT be able to handle Tetris)

I thought I was the only one with PICKEVERYTHINGUP OCD... :D

On 8/27/2017 at 0:44 AM, Stormwolf1O1 said:

... this more casual form of playing the game will satisfy my OCD for picking everything up. I do mean every single stone.

• Upvote 1

On 9/11/2017 at 4:06 AM, Fluxion said:

I thought I was the only one with PICKEVERYTHINGUP OCD... :D

Yeah, we need to start a support group for other people suffering from this illness. ;)

Obviously, it would just devolve into one-upping each other until we determine who is the most thorough pick-upper EVAR.