Playing the game a little differently...

Stormwolf1O1

2 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

I concur. There's usually only 4 or 5 songs I enjoy.....and yes you end up listening to A LOT of songs you may not be a fan of.....for HOURS. Yes, it's  a bit tedious. I just turn the radio off a lot...

Once I've exhausted the enjoyment out of those few songs, I usually just run Spotify in the background and have my own badass songs playing as I go around shooting everyone haha.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stormwolf1O1 said:

Once I've exhausted the enjoyment out of those few songs, I usually just run Spotify in the background and have my own badass songs playing as I go around shooting everyone haha.

That's a solid plan....I'm going to catch a nap....Sunday Siesta day! :P

7 minutes ago, Stormwolf1O1 said:

Wish they had more than just a few songs on the radio per game. It gets boring listening to the same 4/5 songs throughout hours of gameplay..

Yes. This. Especially when you somehow bug the game and Threedog keeps reporting the exact same story about you leaving the vault. I definitely turned off the radio entirely for at least a year... because yes, that single play through has been ongoing for several real life years. It takes a long time picking up every burned, ruined, and scorched book and all the tin cans.

7 minutes ago, WanderingPalm said:

Yes. This. Especially when you somehow bug the game and Threedog keeps reporting the exact same story about you leaving the vault. I definitely turned off the radio entirely for at least a year... because yes, that single play through has been ongoing for several real life years. It takes a long time picking up every burned, ruined, and scorched book and all the tin cans.

Good to know I'm not the only one going around scouring for junk!

FYI, this is still a thing: 

So unless you are consistent with playing from save data or not, you will experience a bit of the different loot tree from each, confounding your data.

And from the company's reaction, it is intentional.  So I guess that qualifies it to not be an exploit... Happy Looting.

3 minutes ago, selfless said:

FYI, this is still a thing: 

So unless you are consistent with playing from save data or not, you will experience a bit of the different loot tree from each, confounding your data.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I had no idea. I'm already fairly far along though, so I might as well continue doing this the same way I was, as people playing on Interloper don't tend to enter a building, save and reload before going around looting it. But thanks again, that's pretty interesting that you found that.

Be careful what you wish for guys.

The one method to guarantee a game becomes boring and pointless is to cheat. So next time you are starving, freezing and on death's door, choose to employ this "mod" (lol) to change all of that, it's well and truly game over. One must be very judicious and exercise much self control with this and if that doesn't sound like you, avoid it completely.

Some bells can never be un-rung.

The thread is certainly interesting but with loot spawns being random and wholly different between games, I question the usefulness of it. It is interesting as an exercise though.

10 minutes ago, Carbon said:

The thread is certainly interesting but with loot spawns being random and wholly different between games, I question the usefulness of it. It is interesting as an exercise though.

It would definitely take very many complete runs before all possible spawn locations of all the most sought after items, such as the hacksaw or bedroll, are revealed. It's more or less for fun and for improving my knowledge of the geography of each region. :)

47 minutes ago, Stormwolf1O1 said:

It would definitely take very many complete runs before all possible spawn locations of all the most sought after items, such as the hacksaw or bedroll, are revealed. It's more or less for fun and for improving my knowledge of the geography of each region. :)

Mate, I completely understand the appeal and attraction of such a program, but "improving {one's} knowledge of the geography of each region" precisely describes unassisted game play. It is in fact a large part of what makes the game compelling and to have the ability to do so completely unfettered from cold, hunger, thirst or fear of predators negates the essential and entire premise of the game.

There is no arguing around what that software really is or why it exists. My point is that once one goes down that road, it's hard to come back.

1 hour ago, Carbon said:

There is no arguing around what that software really is or why it exists. My point is that once one goes down that road, it's hard to come back.

Absolutely, it'll take massive amounts of self-control to be able to play without the assistance of such a program, and to just play the game as it was meant to be played. Having the ability to bring myself back to full health when I'm about to die, or making myself invincible before I attack a bear, etc., just defeats the purpose of playing, really. There's no challenge, and the challenge is what's fun. The mod is easy to disable, so I may take it upon myself after this project to simply do that and not have to worry about restraining myself. However I do love the ability to place objects wherever I want lol. I guess we'll just have to see.

For anyone still following, I've just finished Forlorn Muskeg. Took me literally all day.

Anyway, here's what I found:

Food/Clothing/Tools

Screenshot_13.thumb.png.1655d66d2806e4c27d65208243c728da.png

(1) Sport Vest

(1) Pair of Driving Gloves

(3) Scrap Metal

(1) Accelerant

(1) Can Opener

(1) Field Dressing Your Kill, Vol. 1 [carcass harvesting]

(646) Stones (yep, picked up 646 individual stones..)

(1) Prybar

(1) Sewing Kit

(1) Lantern

(1) Hacksaw

(1) Can of Dog Food

(2) Cans of Pinnacle Peaches

(1) Can of Pork and Beans

(1) Box of Salty Crackers

(256) Cat Tails (My estimation was 200. I was pleasantly surprised!)

The hacksaw was found at the Cave across from Poacher's Camp, next to a corpse.

hacksaw.thumb.png.f92d289099744a86a84db96dc931200f.png

The Lantern was found in the Destroyed House at the end of the Old Spence dock, next to the dresser.

lantern.thumb.png.684715e93815f9b56fb0a1844d9eb144.png

The skill book was found in a random backpack.

book.thumb.png.70d930db8556ddb58fb837d72399d942.png

The prybar was found at the Abandoned Camp above Muskeg Overlook.

crowbar.thumb.png.3d852992b01c638ec59590baf593545b.png

Wildlife

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.73e0bb0731dc4ed0f4ae7b969ff34923.png

(6) Rabbits

(8) Deer (killed by me)

(4) Deer Carcasses (killed by wolves)

(2) Bears

(14) Wolves

Now that's a lot of meat!

Medical

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.8fae96f2e175b0ae96bc73c273769cc2.png

(1) Bandage

(1) Emergency Stim

(47) Old Man's Beard wound dressings

(66) Reishi Mushroom teas

(13) Rosehip teas

And that about does it!

Next on the list is Broken Railroad, which I plan to start on tomorrow. Hopefully it will be more interesting than FM was!

Screenshot_3.thumb.png.3d886888f1d0f84af2d76ce724f8aa42.png

Holy crap, so still no pants? Man, Interloper really is vicious!

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but this certainly teaching me a lot! Plus, I get to live vicariously since I can only play the PS4 version, so no mods. And hey, if nothing else, the cheat mode did provide some pretty incredible screenshots (and one nightmare fuel one of the inside of a bear's face...).

7 hours ago, WanderingPalm said:

Holy crap, so still no pants? Man, Interloper really is vicious!

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but this certainly teaching me a lot! Plus, I get to live vicariously since I can only play the PS4 version, so no mods. And hey, if nothing else, the cheat mode did provide some pretty incredible screenshots (and one nightmare fuel one of the inside of a bear's face...).

Haha! Who knew bears looked so derpy from the inside.

I'm glad this is teaching you a lot, it makes me feel...useful lol. And about the pants, with all those deerskins I ended up crafting two pairs of deerskin pants (and boots). So there's that!

As expected, Broken Railroad was much faster to complete than Muskeg yesterday.

Note: When reviewing what I've found at these places, do keep in mind that items that spawn and the locations at which they spawn will differ for you. This project is only to explore the possible spawn locations of useful objects, as well as to familiarize myself with each region's geography.

Here's what I found!

Screenshot_6.thumb.png.8ae508a6bbeddeb23289b98c8e3a75db.png

(1) Bedroll [upstairs Hunting Lodge]

(203) Scrap Metal

(7) Books

(2) Copies of Frontier Shooting Guide

(1) Copy of Sewing Primer

(1) Pair of Sports Socks

(1) Thin Wool Sweater

(2) Cans of Pork and Beans

(1) Can of Pinnacle Peaches

(2) Bags of Beef Jerky

(37) Cat Tails

(1) Cup of Herbal Tea [maintenance shed microwave]

(2) Cans of Summit Soda

(1) Small Bottle of Lantern Fuel [0.13 Gal]

(1) Jerry Can [1.06 Gal]

(0.22 Gal) Water [maintenance shed toilet]

(1) Emergency Stim

(1) box of 12 Wood Matches

(12) Painkillers

Screenshot_7.thumb.png.226aa61a972088fee11c4054a9d53d42.png

(8) Old Man's Beard wound dressings

(19) Reishi Mushroom teas

(7) Rosehip teas

Screenshot_8.thumb.png.87b6960493994d3c1ca5045f76c8bc6e.png

(1) Bear

(3) Deer [killed by me]

(8) Deer Carcasses [killed by wolves]

(15) Rabbits

(12) Wolves

While the Broken Railroad region on Interloper mode does not always have the best tools, and is littered with wolves and a bear, it's still a heck of a lot better than attempting to live in Forlorn Muskeg!

Screenshot_5.thumb.png.88745fd1403443d1caee88d7f0512111.png

On 8/28/2017 at 5:50 AM, Stormwolf1O1 said:

Working on Forlorn Muskeg now.

You'd be surprised...or maybe not...by how little there is here! The most prevalent resources so far: Sticks, stones, and Old Man's Beard.

And here I was thinking the most prevalent resource in FM was wolves... :D

12 hours ago, Stormwolf1O1 said:

As expected, Winding River and the cave did not yield much loot, but I figured I would sweep through the area real quick anyway.

Screenshot_8.thumb.png.d0fd4c3b6a002c888bb86f3690f2dd4e.png

B| Well, there ya' go. B|

Is that two bunnies making more bunnies? I salute your warped sense of humour!

I can't get over the fact that you have found THREE bedrolls across three maps on Interloper....something seems off. I started a Pilgrim run in Broken Railroad and I found 0 bedrolls....of course I started with one....

You found more skill books than me too.

The only thing there seems to be less of for you is processed food. You have found as many tools as me....if not more....

On 8/27/2017 at 1:01 PM, Stormwolf1O1 said:

You can! (With the mod) ;)

And believe me, even on Interloper I've been clicking nonstop basically. And lots of traveling. Thank god for fly mode..

I've always wanted a trainer/mod because of this feature only. They really need to re-do the placing items mechanic in game. 

Which mod or trainer did you use to acheive this? And how could I possibly do it?

Archived