Stormwolf1O1

Playing the game a little differently...

Recommended Posts

You are SICK! just SICK! But this is soooo awesome!  I think the reason that many of us believe there to be so few resources in Interloper is because we simply cannot actually manage to explore every nook and cranny, like in other modes. 

This is INCREDIBLY informative and eye opening. I love the way you break the amounts of food down into "full stomachs"! Thats hilarious. I;ve never had a full stomach on interloper. I eat just enough to heal through ten hours of sleep, and trade condition throughout each day.

The most important part of this to me is learning that there is a mod for the game. That means more will follow. Hopefully useful additions to the game, rather than just "cheats". I'm completely in favor of what you are using it for in this case however.  I mean, anyways, how do youcheat anyone but yourself in a single player game anyways. I trust this wont be used to further your advancement towards badges or achievements, so please keep it coming. 

I cant beleive there are so many cat tails in ML

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TROY said:

You are SICK! just SICK! But this is soooo awesome!  I think the reason that many of us believe there to be so few resources in Interloper is because we simply cannot actually manage to explore every nook and cranny, like in other modes. 

This is INCREDIBLY informative and eye opening. I love the way you break the amounts of food down into "full stomachs"! Thats hilarious. I;ve never had a full stomach on interloper. I eat just enough to heal through ten hours of sleep, and trade condition throughout each day.

The most important part of this to me is learning that there is a mod for the game. That means more will follow. Hopefully useful additions to the game, rather than just "cheats". I'm completely in favor of what you are using it for in this case however.  I mean, anyways, how do youcheat anyone but yourself in a single player game anyways. I trust this wont be used to further your advancement towards badges or achievements, so please keep it coming. 

I cant beleive there are so many cat tails in ML

 

Thanks for the comment! I'm glad you see the post for what it's meant to be, which is informative and enlightening as to how much or how few resources (depending on the type) Interloper mode contains. It's also kind of fun to put everything together for a picture and break down the numbers for the calories haha.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG!!  If theres a Mod for THIS, then we may soon see ones that add snowshoes, or let us put a fishing shack closer to the camp office, or clean up the camp office, or repair the roof on mountaineers hut, or add a radio and stove to signal hill interior, or a locker, or remove corspes, or add a shotgun, OMG!!!!!!!  This is just so exciting... excuse me, I gotta go touch myself now.........

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the one hand I find it awesome that someone was able to make a mod that works, certainly some cool stuff in there and I hope the devs will support some sort of modding in the future.

But unless they can somehow distinguish a modded from an unmodded playthrough, all chances of leaderboards coming back and such are gone for ever. Achievements aren't that big of an achievement anymore with this mod but I'd guess they still trigger? What happens if you issue the "map" command, will you get the Cartographer achievement?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ChillPlayer said:

Achievements aren't that big of an achievement anymore with this mod but I'd guess they still trigger? What happens if you issue the "map" command, will you get the Cartographer achievement?

That's a good point, and I'm not sure. I'd try it myself, but if it works then it wouldn't feel very satisfying to get the achievement, especially when I'm so close to legitimately getting it with a different save!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stormwolf1O1 said:

You can! (With the mod) ;)

And believe me, even on Interloper I've been clicking nonstop basically. And lots of traveling. Thank god for fly mode..

Rofl...."fly mode!" Awesome....

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TROY said:

OMG!!  If theres a Mod for THIS, then we may soon see ones that add snowshoes, or let us put a fishing shack closer to the camp office, or clean up the camp office, or repair the roof on mountaineers hut, or add a radio and stove to signal hill interior, or a locker, or remove corspes, or add a shotgun, OMG!!!!!!!  This is just so exciting... excuse me, I gotta go touch myself now.........

 

Calm down. Remember this is a cheat mod. I have never heard of it before either, so I googled it and it seems to be an Utility mod, something I can greatly appreciate as well, mostly for its potential in "flying" and allowing me to make great trailers in TLD.
Or potentionally creating my own "challenges" by manipulating loots in game then releasing the "saves" through another mod that manipulates saves.

But in the end, this is still a cheat code, and I imagine it is an illegal mod - so odds are that Hinterland will try to patch the game to render it useless, as you said it yourself - it could be used by people to "cheat" their way through badges, or make "amazing" game records with no efforts, like "pretending to have survived interloper for 500 days" when all they did was sit in a cabin on God mode.

I will probably eventually get it as well, only to get an access to its modes like Fly mode or ghost mode, which allows you to sneak up on animals which will be completedly ignoring you, for awesome screenshots and vid trailers.

(I do believe it said that the mod disables the leaderboards so it may be impossible to further your effort towards badges this way, but not sure)

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mroz4k said:

 

(I do believe it said that the mod disables the leaderboards so it may be impossible to further your effort towards badges this way, but not sure)

The Leader boards were removed from the game some time ago.....

So all it COULD effect is achievements/badges....

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nevermind, it actually has a function that unlocks feats and badges altogether, and allows modification of them. Ugh. Well, thats a shame.
Still, the fly mode and ghost mode seem like a very cool features for artistic purposes, and for gameplay is the spacebar jumping and the item mass and rotations.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I am personally against using cheats normally, because I know they are abused.  This particular thread, and the uses mentioned by @Mroz4k are certainly valid uses of utilities such as fly and godmode. I'm just excited to learn that mods even exist, as this opens the game up to individualization and as we all know, these days, modding is the lifeblood that keeps games alive and fun for far longer than normal.  It allows players to have things they want without swamping the devs in feature creep and endless wishlists. I certainly cant speak for Hinterland, but if I were a dev, I'd be tickled shitless that modders were picking up my game and bringing new life to it. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Mroz4k said:

(I do believe it said that the mod disables the leaderboards so it may be impossible to further your effort towards badges this way, but not sure)

Can confirm, tested out the "max all skills" button and did not get the Skilled Survivor achievement.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mroz4k said:

Still, the fly mode and ghost mode seem like a very cool features for artistic purposes

One of my very favorite uses of this mod! ;)

czxczxc.thumb.png.4f91bb4900c54694dfa01a12311193fa.png

fasfzasd.thumb.png.7f2c85876b999ba0a5f087a66b8755fc.png

fasdasd.thumb.png.e97f841d26913edb89d18562c1847cca.png

dasdadada.thumb.png.35b68f5771c1d88a8c478a731bcc3d36.png

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mroz4k said:

Nevermind, it actually has a function that unlocks feats and badges altogether, and allows modification of them. Ugh. Well, thats a shame.
Still, the fly mode and ghost mode seem like a very cool features for artistic purposes, and for gameplay is the spacebar jumping and the item mass and rotations.

Straight up I'd be happy with JUST removing encumbrance.

My favorite mod for Fallout 3 was the "Mighty Mouse" one that let me carry 990lbs. or something like that....

I've been begging for an encumbrance feat since I started playing, lol. Like 5 kilos for walking or running 500 kilometers encumbered....

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Thrasador said:

Like 5 kilos for walking or running 500 kilometers encumbered....

LOL. Now that I think I'd get in a heartbeat.

"I think I need to drop something!"  Yeah, drop your attitude, Will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: Working on Forlorn Muskeg now.

You'd be surprised...or maybe not...by how little there is here! The most prevalent resources so far: Sticks, stones, and Old Man's Beard.

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.ed7560eff6b065ee62d3704c9c5ee4a0.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

Straight up I'd be happy with JUST removing encumbrance.

My favorite mod for Fallout 3 was the "Mighty Mouse" one that let me carry 990lbs. or something like that....

I've been begging for an encumbrance feat since I started playing, lol. Like 5 kilos for walking or running 500 kilometers encumbered....

Ha, that would be nice, but on the other hand, walking around in Fallout at a snail's pace because you're so encumbered is part of the experience! I mean, sure, it's slow and tedious and I hate myself for doing it, but when I finish the trip and see just how much crap I hauled around.... well, I realize how crazy I am. But still kind of proud of my perseverance! Because hey, doing it without mods is the hardcore way. ;)

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, WanderingPalm said:

Ha, that would be nice, but on the other hand, walking around in Fallout at a snail's pace because you're so encumbered is part of the experience! I mean, sure, it's slow and tedious and I hate myself for doing it, but when I finish the trip and see just how much crap I hauled around.... well, I realize how crazy I am. But still kind of proud of my perseverance! Because hey, doing it without mods is the hardcore way. ;)

I dOn'T wAnNa SeT tHe WoRlD oN fIrEeEeEe *detonates atomic bomb*

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stormwolf1O1 said:

I dOn'T wAnNa SeT tHe WoRlD oN fIrEeEeEe *detonates atomic bomb*

I just want to start a flame in your heart.....

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Thrasador said:

I just want to start a flame in your heart.....

I was always a fool, for the one they call Johnny Guitar...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Stormwolf1O1 said:

I was always a fool, for the one they call Johnny Guitar...

Lol....that was New Vegas, yeah? That song bored me so I didn't listen to it as much.

Fallout did turn me on to The Inkspots though....

I also enjoyed Bingo, Bango, Bongo....I don't wanna leave the jungle, no, no, no, no, no, no.....

Edited by Thrasador
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

Lol....that was New Vegas, yeah? That song bored me so I didn't listen to it as much.

Fallout did turn me on to The Inkspots though....

I also enjoyed Bingo, Bango, Bongo....I don't wanna leave the jungle, no, no, no, no, no, no.....

Wish they had more than just a few songs on the radio per game. It gets boring listening to the same 4/5 songs throughout hours of gameplay..

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stormwolf1O1 said:

Wish they had more than just a few songs on the radio per game. It gets boring listening to the same 4/5 songs throughout hours of gameplay..

I concur. There's usually only 4 or 5 songs I enjoy.....and yes you end up listening to A LOT of songs you may not be a fan of.....for HOURS. Yes, it's  a bit tedious. I just turn the radio off a lot...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now