Forum Suggestions

Dara

Working on the badge under the profile posts, just trying to figure out how to do it in such a way that it doesn't clutter the forums too much. If we can limit to displaying only the Backer badges, we may do that. But still investigating.

Perhaps creating another user group for VIP backers and founders?

It's not graphical, but it's also a little cleaner.

So you would have:

Users -> Backers -> VIP Backers -> Founder -> Administrators

Just a thought on a compromise.

Guest Alan Lawrance

I like the idea of the user group doubling to represent the different levels of backers. Like you said it's clean and is already there.

I would make a small change so the user group name is not plural, so it feels more like it's identifying the individual rather than a group:

Member -> Backer -> VIP Backer -> Founder -> VIP Founder

The VIP Founder group is for the highest tier ($5K) backers.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Hinterland

I like the idea of the user group doubling to represent the different levels of backers. Like you said it's clean and is already there.

I would make a small change so the user group name is not plural, so it feels more like it's identifying the individual rather than a group:

Member -> Backer -> VIP Backer -> Founder -> VIP Founder

The VIP Founder group is for the highest tier ($5K) backers.

I find it funny how often Alan proposes something and then it happens.

Is there any way to show an "online" status on the Vanilla board? It's hard to see if anybody else is even online looking at the boards [so it's just a case of constant refreshing blindly to see if there are new posts] -- it would just show activity (that the board is being visited and used by many people)...

Also, show the number of "registered users" in the same stats might encourage outsiders to join in since it will show it's a popular forum [not just a few users]

Archived