Forum Suggestions

Dara

I know its early days and that most of this stuff is in the works but figured I'd throw it up regardless (avoiding bed, that all)

• Change the background colour of the text boxes when selected, currently they are the same as the post section background. Just looks a bit odd.

Add buttons to Bold, underline, italic, links, quote, insert image, video, bullet points, numbered points, source code, spoiler and so on. Also maybe stuff like font colour, size, type and so on.

I think the offtopic section should be a Category of its own with gaming, tech and maybe some other stuff in there to keep us entertained

Please do not add in any more negative "like" things at the bottom of posts. I used a forum that had a tonne of them (namely facepunch) and its the worst thing ever. Breeds such negativity and bullying

Some sort of easy distinction between staff, what I assume will be moderators at some stage and normal users. Preferably something up with the name and picture

Also I would recommend changing the time limit on editing posts (well at least I assume that is what it is, will know more in 30 mins :D and maybe change it for a time stamp denoting when it was last edited. Will allow people to create guides and tutorials and also guides and so on that will change over time. Basically any reference thread

I'll add more when my brain is more awake, its 2am here :D

Some sort of easy distinction between staff, what I assume will be moderators at some stage and normal users. Preferably something up with the name and picture

Some sort of special thing for backers, assuming this will one day be full of people who aren't/weren't would be nice - I know we have badges but since they don't show up when we're posting a border or something around our picture or little icon would be nice.

I also agree with the rich text addition to the posting box, it makes longer posts easier to format without sitting here coding all the HTML myself.

As for the little "reaction" and social icons on the bottom of comments, I really wish this was static and not a mouseover effect. For long threads in the future, it's easier to scan catch posts I might want to read that have higher like/awesome counts and I don't want to have to mouse over to see them.

Honestly, we're already identified as the group "backers." But the badge idea would be icing on the cake, so to speak.

I think the new posts on the left would clutter the forum. You can click into each sub forum to see that there are new posts in that particular discussion.

Loving the static bottom display. I like being able to see what folks like and think is awesome!

I'd actually like to see the automated signing out of the forum optional as I have a tendency to leave my machine on at home and be doing 15 things at the same time

It does have a timeout.

Funny thing, I'd like to see it extended. I hate having to sign back into things every 30 mins.

Guest Alan Lawrance

I would love to have a badge under my profile pic in the posts. Not all of them, but if you could just pick one you'd want to show.

Jetro,

I second this suggestion. I hope we can make it happen.

Guest Alan Lawrance

I'd actually like to see the automated signing out of the forum optional as I have a tendency to leave my machine on at home and be doing 15 things at the same time

I think a timeout is more annoying than useful. I suppose it is there for "security" reasons, but I agree it should be optional.

Archived