Where in the world is Will?

Carbon

29 minutes ago, Stormwolf1O1 said:

Actually, try looking verrryyy closely at the valley in the middle. There may be a hint there. ;)

Well, I know the answer now because I loaded a couple sandboxes to check the profile of the mountains.   This one really surprised me -- I always thought of the mountains in that region having a different, rather characteristic look.  Anyway, I'll abstain from answering since I sort of cheated to figure it out.   Plus, if you'd forced me to guess I would have been completely wrong.  Good one! :P 

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Ruruwawa said:

Well, I know the answer now because I loaded a couple sandboxes to check the profile of the mountains.   This one really surprised me -- I always thought of the mountains in that region having a different, rather characteristic look.  Anyway, I'll abstain from answering since I sort of cheated to figure it out.   Plus, if you'd forced me to guess I would have been completely wrong.  Good one! :P 

Thanks! Glad it was challenging. And don't feel bad for cheating, I did a bit of research to try and figure out that big tree one and I still couldn't get it! :/

11 minutes ago, Stormwolf1O1 said:

Thanks! Glad it was challenging. And don't feel bad for cheating, I did a bit of research to try and figure out that big tree one and I still couldn't get it! :/

Well if research is ok, then the answer is the view from the ML lookout tower (the new one) facing toward the Dam.  Same view in the daytime:

screen_74e51bce-6795-4f14-a0d6-f366fe5f9f01_hi.thumb.png.bd454fdd396344b6e7e82e86ce220ae3.png

18 minutes ago, Ruruwawa said:

The arched tree is sort of the gateway to the area.  Pretty much everyone passes under it when traveling from another region to this base.  (And there I go with the trees again :o)

Must be a path I don't normally take! Or a base I don't really use..

4 hours ago, RossBondReturns said:

So where's our man Will at now?

screen_867f0007-5b07-4b89-86eb-fa09b368c7b3.png

I dunno.  The lack of mountains in the distance is a mystery might meant we're facing the ocean at sunrise or sunset?  After all, sun is in the right place.  But I can't think of anywhere in DP, Crumbling or CH with this view. 

Archived