Frostbite

Stormwolf1O1

So I lost all of my warm headgear during wolf fights, and Mackenzie's head nearly always has Frostbite risk on cold days and nights. One night I couldn't find a safe, warm place to sleep because there was a blizzard, so I found some cover, laid out my bedroll and slept there for the night.

Woke up, Mackenzie's freakin head had gotten Frostbite. 10% general health reduction, permanent. Doesn't frostbite mean the cold has turned the body part dead and necrotic to the point where it just falls off?? How does Will still have a head???? And where on God's Great Bear can I find another hat?

2 minutes ago, Stormwolf1O1 said:

So I lost all of my warm headgear during wolf fights, and Mackenzie's head nearly always has Frostbite risk on cold days and nights. One night I couldn't find a safe, warm place to sleep because there was a blizzard, so I found some cover, laid out my bedroll and slept there for the night.

Woke up, Mackenzie's freakin head had gotten Frostbite. 10% general health reduction, permanent. Doesn't frostbite mean the cold has turned the body part dead and necrotic to the point where it just falls off?? How does Will still have a head???? And where on God's Great Bear can I find another hat?

He probably just lost his nose...or ears.

I found some extra headgear in the dam...if you haven't looted it yet.

2 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

He probably just lost his nose...or ears.

I found some extra headgear in the dam...if you haven't looted it yet.

Of course I've already looted the dam lol. Was one of the first places I went looking for more rifle ammo. However, haven't been to the lower part yet. So maybe there.

• 4 weeks later...
On 24.8.2017 at 6:44 PM, Stormwolf1O1 said:

So I lost all of my warm headgear during wolf fights

When that happens, i  quit the game and start it again with continue, i loose some progress, but at least i have all my clothing :).

Edit.

It's only 2 wool ear wraps in episode 1 and 2 combined so those are valuable.

5 minutes ago, ingrobny said:

When that happens, i  quit the game and start it again with continue, i loose some progress, but at least i have all my clothing :).

Edit.

It's only 2 wool ear wraps in episode 1 and 2 combined so those are valuable.

I believe at least one Cache in story mode contains another ear wrap. There may be at least one or two more as well, but perhaps not. But yeah, they're very rare.

Just now, Stormwolf1O1 said:

I believe at least one Cache in story mode contains another ear wrap. There may be at least one or two more as well, but perhaps not. But yeah, they're very rare.

Hm, i have played the story mode 2 times now, 100% on each, but i have only found 2 of them in both playthroughs, i just started episode 2 from scratch again, 3rd time now :D, because the first ear wrap disappeared from my head and inventory after the cutscene with the bear and Jeremiah and that was bugging me, so now i had it in my inventory, not wearing it and after the cutscene i still got it, so now i'm happy :)

6 hours ago, Pickwun said:

I'm wearing a balaclava, toque, 2 sweaters, parka, mack, gauntlets, thermals, jeans, cargo pants, 2 pairs socks, and climbing boots, and I always have a frostbite warning.  I guess my eyeballs must be at risk of freezing.

Sounds like one or more items of clothing has gotten wet and frozen. They don't protect you from frostbite when that happens.

11 hours ago, Pickwun said:

I'm wearing a balaclava, toque, 2 sweaters, parka, mack, gauntlets, thermals, jeans, cargo pants, 2 pairs socks, and climbing boots, and I always have a frostbite warning.  I guess my eyeballs must be at risk of freezing.

Keep an eye on your clothing when it snows, because that's the only time your clothing will get wet and frozen, that and when you go through the ice and when it is a snow blizzard you will get wet pretty fast, no matter how well you are dressed.

Archived