Where is all the dang whetstone?? I've come across two, maybe three of them throughout all Episodes so far. My tools keep falling apart and I keep having to run back to the FM forge to make more. Am I missing something, or was this intentional??

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Stormwolf1O1 said:

Where is all the dang whetstone?? I've come across two, maybe three of them throughout all Episodes so far. My tools keep falling apart and I keep having to run back to the FM forge to make more. Am I missing something, or was this intentional??

I ran out of my shard and hatchet in Episode 1.

In Episode 2 I ended with at least 3 knives and one hatchet and never ran out of whetstones.

So I dunno fellow survivor. I have no idea why you've had to keep forging your own.

• Upvote 1

ya i had 3 knives and one axe left down to 10%. I figure I just need to collect sticks from now on for fire wood.

• Upvote 1

On 23.8.2017 at 10:40 PM, Stormwolf1O1 said:

I have also found just three, 1 in the first episode and 2 in episode 2, i have forged 1 axe so far and i got two knifes from Jeremiah.

• Upvote 1

I hear  you, I am trying to make the '500 day' achievement in sandbox mode but the one thing you can't live without is whetstones.   

If I may offer a suggestion: I restarted Wintermute and played again from the beginning because I was playing like it was survival mode; hording every stick, stone and bit of cloth.   I think the lack of whetstones 'may' be the DEV's way of letting us know that we are not supposed to be setting up housekeeping and MOVE ON. 

I feel your pain, tho.  Sux watching your precious blade deteriorate over time.  MY PRECIOUS!

• Upvote 1