Old bear gets stuck on the landscape

adramath

I was hunting the old bear for a full game day. I had just gotten my 4th shot in (i.e. registered on the log) on the tracks by the camping office. The old bear as usual runs around to try to get at me, but at one point it gets stuck under a rock formation (see attachment)! Has this happened to anyone else? If so, how did you get the bear unstuck? I tried the flare gun, stones, shooting with the riffle, and even ducking in between it and the rock formation, and nothing! Still stuck. So basically, I can't finish the episode while that bear is stuck. Any suggestions that dont revolve around starting a new game and praying it doesnt happen again?

305620_20170822211247_1.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thought I would give the suicide a try.  This allows me to either (1) reload last save, or (2) reload last checkpoint.  Option (2) would work for most folks if they suicide soon after the bear gets stuck.

However, after the bear got stuck, I foolishly left the zone and worked on Jeremiah's letter burning quest.  This caused the checkpoint to move forward in time, which means both my normal save and the checkpoint save both have the bear trapped in the rocks.  So, I'm still stuck with no way to advance the story.  Phooey.

Archived