Fire Master Badge?

Stormwolf1O1

1 hour ago, SnowWalker said:

Checked mine today....I'm on 45% for crying out loud! That means I still have to make at least 550 fires. That means I've only made 450 fires since we got the badges! Wth?
It's the only one I don't have, lol. I have everything...all challenges, all achievements except 200 Days and all badges except Fire Master. Maybe I'll get those by the time Wintermute is complete. Big Maybe.

What achievement is 200 Days? Do you mean 500?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Stormwolf1O1 said:

What achievement is 200 Days? Do you mean 500?

Okay, I've just checked achievements and they've changed that one man. It used to be 200 Days now it's 500 Days, and there's also a bunch more achievements to get besides the ones they had before Wintermute that I didn't notice. I swear on my husband's life that it used to be 200 Days. I read it like I don't know how many times. Anyway, I'm never getting that one now. That'll take me years to get since I don't play the game day and night anymore like I used to, and I've been playing it since 2014. Nowadays, I'll play every once in awhile for a day or two game-time. My longest run right now is in Voyager and I think I'm on like 30+ days in it so far. I get bored of doing the same thing day in and day out after awhile now and I'll start a new game for the beginning challenges again. I'll never be able to stone a rabbit from 80' away either :/

4 minutes ago, SnowWalker said:

Okay, I've just checked achievements and they've changed that one man. It used to be 200 Days now it's 500 Days, and there's also a bunch more achievements to get besides the ones they had before Wintermute that I didn't notice. I swear on my husband's life that it used to be 200 Days. I read it like I don't know how many times. Anyway, I'm never getting that one now. That'll take me years to get since I don't play the game day and night anymore like I used to, and I've been playing it since 2014. Nowadays, I'll play every once in awhile for a day or two game-time. My longest run right now is in Voyager and I think I'm on like 30+ days in it so far. I get bored of doing the same thing day in and day out after awhile now and I'll start a new game for the beginning challenges again. I'll never be able to stone a rabbit from 80' away either :/

Yeah it was 200 days...and they removed a bunch of the lower number of days achievements....and replaced it with fewer of them. I actually lost achievements that I had accomplished.

I think there was a 500 day across all playthroughs feat. Now it's a 500 day achievement....with no more 200 day achievement.

I don't know why the hell they removed achievements we already accomplished.

Adding more is fine....removing some is lame....

Never say never....there is also luck. Someone said height counts. So you can climb a hill and try to throw rocks down at the bunny. Also you don't have to catch the bunny....just hit it.

Pick up like 20 rocks and just lob them from really far away....hoping one lands on a bunny....

Just now, SnowWalker said:

I actually got Stone-Age Sniper by accident! But it wasn't very difficult, you just have to know how to position your hand in relation to the rabbit and be able to judge when to throw based on the rabbit's speed and proximity to you. (It's a lot less complicated than I just made it sound lol I swear).

I'm currently living on the summit of TWM on my current longest save, which is on Pilgrim for the purposes of lessening danger. Hoping to get to day 500 eventually, but for now I'm around 210. Almost halfway lol. In the meantime I'm also using the same save to get other achievements, like Skilled Survivor, Resolute Outfitter, and Wrapped in Furs. Gotta get that 100% completion baby!!

1 minute ago, Thrasador said:

Yeah it was 200 days...and they removed a bunch of the lower number of days achievements....and replaced it with fewer of them. I actually lost achievements that I had accomplished.

I think there was a 500 day across all playthroughs feat. Now it's a 500 day achievement....with no more 200 day achievement.

Adding more is fine....removing some is lame....

The 500 days across all playthroughs is now a Feat in-game. I think that's the one that, when enabled, has your survivor need 10% fewer calories. Or was it 200 days across all? Man, I'm confusing myself.

2 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

I'm going to go through them again to see if I lost anything too, which I must have if you did because I had all of them from before. My eyes brushed past 'Wrapped in Furs' so I know for sure that one's still there. Jeez.

I'm going to go through them again to see if I lost anything too, which I must have if you did because I had all of them from before. My eyes brushed past 'Wrapped in Furs' so I know for sure that one's still there. Jeez.

There were achievements for like 1 day....25 days....50 days....100 days....I remember getting a bunch of achievements at first....one of the lower ones was Wolfbait I think....it was for like 10 or 25 days or something....

Also I added stuff about bunnies to my prior post....

4 minutes ago, Stormwolf1O1 said:

I actually got Stone-Age Sniper by accident! But it wasn't very difficult, you just have to know how to position your hand in relation to the rabbit and be able to judge when to throw based on the rabbit's speed and proximity to you. (It's a lot less complicated than I just made it sound lol I swear).

I can kill rabbits with stones but I don't think I can from that far away. I usually sneak up on them and nail them from pretty close.

I can kill rabbits with stones but I don't think I can from that far away. I usually sneak up on them and nail them from pretty close.

That's the way I do it, too, but I've gotten cocky in the past and surprised myself with my accuracy. Line yourself up with them, aim, then stone 'em.

Just now, Stormwolf1O1 said:

That's the way I do it, too, but I've gotten cocky in the past and surprised myself with my accuracy. Line yourself up with them, aim, then stone 'em.

Also, it's the bit about running over to them fast enough to grab them that's touch and go as well. Sometimes I find I'm still stuck in aim mode or something and so I can't get sprinting fast enough and they get away. I've stoned many of them that got away anyway. I hate that. I wish they'd stay stunned for a little freaking longer.

14 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

Pick up like 20 rocks and just lob them from really far away....hoping one lands on a bunny....

:D You and I think alike. I was just thinking the same exact thing. But then there's the running over to it in time to grab it. That to me is the hard part.

:D You and I think alike. I was just thinking the same exact thing. But then there's the running over to it in time to grab it. That to me is the hard part.

If you scroll up to my prior post....I don't think you have to catch it....just hit it...

10 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

There were achievements for like 1 day....25 days....50 days....100 days....I remember getting a bunch of achievements at first....one of the lower ones was Wolfbait I think....it was for like 10 or 25 days or something....

Yep, I had all of those too. Just going to check in a minute. I have to put Steam on Big Picture because I'm playing off the TV and I can't read stupid Steam's small font from where I'm sitting.

Yep, I had all of those too. Just going to check in a minute. I have to put Steam on Big Picture because I'm playing off the TV and I can't read stupid Steam's small font from where I'm sitting.

Yeah, it only says to stun the rabbit from 80 feet away....not catch it....stun it....

9 minutes ago, SnowWalker said:

Also, it's the bit about running over to them fast enough to grab them that's touch and go as well. Sometimes I find I'm still stuck in aim mode or something and so I can't get sprinting fast enough and they get away. I've stoned many of them that got away anyway. I hate that. I wish they'd stay stunned for a little freaking longer.

I usually have no problem immediately uncrouching and sprinting over.

Archived