Neverending Aurora in Survival

WanderingPalm

So I've reported this already in the bug report database, but I'm curious how many people are affected, since I've only seen a couple of other people mention it.

I have an Aurora happening every single night of Survival mode (though the weather interferes every so often). Since I'm now on day 20-something, I suspect it will simply be here forever.

I'm playing on the PS4, and I've only seen this happen after starting a new Survival game post-1.11 update. I switched to a different account on my PS4 so that I could start another Survival game, and that one is on day 13 with the Aurora happening every night, too. I'm curious if this is a PS4 v.1.11 bug, or if it's something only I'm experiencing, in which case I might simply need to uninstall and reinstall the game and start a new Survival game.

For clarification: Both games are with the female survivor and in Voyageur. One started in Coastal Highway, the other in Mystery Lake. The Aurora has its full effects (which I won't state in the spirit of not spoiling things for others), though the effects don't seem to last the entire night. I had a 30-something day Survival game that started at launch (v.1.0?) which never saw the Aurora, but lost that save before the 1.11 update.

Unfortunately, this seems to be a less active forum, and I suspect it's because this isn't technically part of the Long Dark Forums (rather, it's part of the Forums).

It never appeared at all in Survival for me before the patch that addressed the issue was released which was 1.07 or 1.08 on ps4.

Idk if it was you I was talking about this before but this is probably a side effect of the patch that fixed it from never being there to now always being there weather permitting.

It doesn't bother me espicially since I found the flashlight and it helps repel the wolves. 

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

It never appeared at all in Survival for me before the patch that addressed the issue was released which was 1.07 or 1.08 on ps4.

Idk if it was you I was talking about this before but this is probably a side effect of the patch that fixed it from never being there to now always being there weather permitting.

It doesn't bother me espicially since I found the flashlight and it helps repel the wolves. 

How does the flashlight work?? For me, it says the battery's dead, no matter when or how I try to use it.

8 minutes ago, spammathon said:

If I remember correctly, the flashlight just "reflects" the auora or something (which scares the wolves)-- so you don't need batteries.

The "high beam" light is what scares Aurora wolves off. But if I can't turn on the flashlight to begin with, I can't switch it to high beam.

36 minutes ago, Stormwolf1O1 said:

How does the flashlight work?? For me, it says the battery's dead, no matter when or how I try to use it.

When the Aurora is out it will charge the battery and deplete when used for standard light mode and the high intensity mode which will repel wolves once in close proximity. I found it under a bed in the Ryken ship on Desolation point

2 hours ago, Frosty said:

When the Aurora is out it will charge the battery and deplete when used for standard light mode and the high intensity mode which will repel wolves once in close proximity. I found it under a bed in the Ryken ship on Desolation point

I've equipped the flashlight during the Aurora after seeing someone else say this, and wanted to test it. Aurora did not seem to have an effect on the battery level of the flashlight over time. Do you have to stand in a certain area for it to receive power??

21 minutes ago, Stormwolf1O1 said:

I've equipped the flashlight during the Aurora after seeing someone else say this, and wanted to test it. Aurora did not seem to have an effect on the battery level of the flashlight over time. Do you have to stand in a certain area for it to receive power??

Nope it should charge during the Aurora fully over time and continue to recharge if depleted from use. The high intensity mode drains it faster as well.

Archived