Milton Town Wolves?

Thrasador

So I have seen a couple videos of Episode 1 and I am aware a wolf wanders around town. At some point it ended up in front of Grey Mother's house and it didn't leave the area across the street for like a whole day....so I killed it...

It actually seemed to be gone for a few days...and this pleased me. 

Also I harvested the deer in front of the post office and it despawned after a couple days.

After a few days the wandering wolf finally did respawn....

Just recently the deer respawned, and it had a wolf eating it....which wasn't the case when I first got to Milton. It was just a dead deer with no wolf, and one wolf wandering around town.

I scared this new wolf away and harvested the deer. Now I have TWO wolves wandering around town....

Is this normal? If this continues long term could there eventually be like 6 wolves in town if I stayed for like a month and the deer keeps respawning with another wolf...?

Maybe either make it so the dead deer with wolves eating them don't respawn, or if they do....don't respawn them WITH another wolf. When I left town to go pry open trunks at the beginning of the game, I saw A LOT of pairs of wolves traveling together....like they are ALL doubling....

Obviously this is concerning....wolves are troublesome enough without them multiplying....

46 minutes ago, Fuarian said:

The longer you're there the more they come. I've seen up to 4 wolves. Trick is to crouch when you get near them or just run. You can outrun one if you're lucky.

Ok so a bug they should patch then....I reported it. The wolf population should remain static, like in Survival mode. If the game spawns a new wolf, the game needs to despawn an extra wolf....can't just keep adding wolves until there are a hundred of them....

2 hours ago, Thrasador said:

Ok so a bug they should patch then....I reported it. The wolf population should remain static, like in Survival mode. If the game spawns a new wolf, the game needs to despawn an extra wolf....can't just keep adding wolves until there are a hundred of them....

It's not a bug... the wolves move in. It maxes out at 4 from what I've seen. And in Survival Mode they do increase...

15 hours ago, Thrasador said:

Oh my bad...I forgot @RossBondReturnsprogrammed all of Wintermute himself two weeks ago, so obviously he knows all the details of the spawning mechanics of the game intimately.

I'll be sure to run anything I think is a bug by you guys first, before I report it....

When in doubt we can also be sure to take any quotes by Grey Mother as gospel too....she did say "Wolves move in."

Her and Will weren't referring to the wolves all over the place already....they definitely meant more are going to keep spawning in town over time....

I just wasn't reading between the lines correctly....my bad....

Why the sarcasm mate? I'm just stating what I noticed of the wolves in my LP as I played.

The longer I stayed in Milton the more they came into town. They also did some amazing things near the Orca Gas station.

Just now, RossBondReturns said:

Why the sarcasm mate? I'm just stating what I noticed of the wolves in my LP as I played.

The longer I stayed in Milton the more they came into town. They also did some amazing things near the Orca Gas station.

Did they stand on each other and form a "wolf pyramid!?"

Nope it's a bug.

When I reloaded my game I now have three wolves over by the bridge into Milton. Two wolves in the middle of the street, and two wolves up the street near the gas station. So now I have seven wolves in Milton after reloading my game and there were only two the day before...and I haven't made any progress in the game between reloads. I just didn't play yesterday.

The three up by the bridge are bugged in the same way that I watched in a video in the bug forum. When they reach the edge of my viewing screen they stop walking. If I move my view to give them more room between them and the edge of my screen they walk to the NEW edge of the screen and then stop when they get there....so basically now I have a crap ton of bugged wolves in Milton. I killed 2 so I could get to the bank.... so now I'm down to 5...

Probaby time to mention this to @Patrick Carlson

Ok so I back up my saves....so I grabbed the one right before the prisoner tunnel mission. Loaded it. There was ONE wolf in Milton twords the gas station and no deer in town.

I turned in the prisoner mission and went outside. The deer by the post office respawned with a wolf eating it...no wolves by the bridge.

I slept and then got the farm quest and then went outside. Now there are three wolves by the bridge, one eating the deer, and one wandering around town. ...

That's still two less than last time, but I imagine they will show up if I quit and reload.

The wolves by the bridge are buggy as hell. When I try to bait them they only come twords me when I pick up the meat. If I drop it on the ground with the bait button, they walk away and won't eat it, but if I pick it up again they come twords me....

Could the number of wolves in Milton be related to visiting the prison bus? I never harvested the deer on the street in the middle of Milton and only had one wolf in town. But when I returned from the prison bus, I think there were more wolves in town. I remember seeing 3 on my way back to Grey Mother.

Archived