My Looting OCD is destroying my enjoyment of Wintermute....(Spoilers!?)

Thrasador

So I did the wood and food tasks for Grey Mother. I'm on the check out the colapsed tunnel bit. I have looted every house and car in town except for the farm, and most of the other cars on the way to Milton EXCEPT for locked trunks waaaaay back at the beginning due to no prybar.

I have TWO prybars now, and I REALLY want to get on with finishing Episode 1 and moving to Episode 2, but those locked trunks way at the beginning of the road are haunting my sleep. I HAVE TO KNOW WHAT'S IN THE TRUNKS. I don't want to walk all the way back there and potentially fight wolves for nothing, but I can't just forget the trunks either....

I want to forget about them, and just skip them and not bother....but I can't. I won't finish Episode 1 until I open those trunks. I am putting off playing at all, because I don't want to go all the way back there and open those trunks....I want to play soooo bad, and I want to ignore the missed trunks....but I can't....

Dammit Wintermute Devs, why did you lock sooooo many trunks without giving us a prybar in the cave first?!?!?!?!?

I'm going to have to just bite the bullet and go back there aren't I?

Okay I did it. It took me the better part of a day and I saw a lot of wolves in pairs going back, but they didn't see me. Three out of four locked trunks were empty. The one that wasn't had Ski Boots and an energy bar. If going to Episode 2 wasn't going to have a bullcrap 30.0 kilo rope weight restriction, or even at least allow me to climb back up because the stupid rope wasn't scripted to break, I'd say it was a partial score. I don't think I will be taking 4.0 kilo boots with me though, due to the above stupid rope....

2 minutes ago, BortimusPrime said:

The only thing in Episode 1 that you can't get in Episode 2 are the 375 Trust reward boots from Gray Mother.  And even then the only difference between those and the best boots you can find in Ep 2 is 0.5 kg of weight.

Yep I was sure to get those boots before wrapping things up with Grey Mother. I have them on now. Same stats as Mukluks, but 0.5 kilos lighter.....NICE BOOTS!

2 hours ago, Thrasador said:

Yep I was sure to get those boots before wrapping things up with Grey Mother. I have them on now. Same stats as Mukluks, but 0.5 kilos lighter.....NICE BOOTS!

What I want now, is to find a pair of those boots in Survival mode.. :)

Probably wishful thinking, I know...

Probably...I haven't seen them added to the Wikis yet or anything....

It would be cool if Mountaineering Boots were added to the loot table though....

I'm also curious about the stats for Jerimiah's Knife. I asked for specifics in it in a thread where getting a duplicate knife was being discussed....but of course my request was completely ignored by the people talking about it.

I guess I'll find out when I get mine....

I'm wondering it's weight, I'd like to see how it stacks up against the other tools in @Timber Wolf's wolf struggles. Maybe it has a faster bleed out time on wolves, that would be cool to know too. Also, I'm wondering if it harvests carcasses 10%-20% faster than a regular hunting knife....

Well in Episode 2, Jerimiah gives you a knife called "Jerimiah's Knife." I wanted to know "mechanics-wise" how it stacks up against all those other tools you tested....maybe it's better than the hatchet....I don't know....

Also, apparently more and more wolves show up in the town of Milton over time....I want to know how many....and if there is a maximum....or if this is a bug....

I reported it as a bug, but then someone claimed that it was supposed to happen....

Archived