So I Got the Pacifist Achievement...

Stormwolf1O1

25 minutes ago, Stormwolf1O1 said:

Was in the Carter Hydro Dam. Dropped all my clothes on the floor to lighten weight. Came back, deerskin boots had glitched and disappeared. They're gone, kms. 

Are you sure you didn't just take them off and thought you dropped them. I've done that and then panic when there's nothing on the floor :D

24 minutes ago, SnowWalker said:

Are you sure you didn't just take them off and thought you dropped them. I've done that and then panic when there's nothing on the floor :D

Triple checked the floor and my inventory, they're nowhere to be seen. Later discovered I had lost my 100%, full lantern as well. Ugh..

That's very bizarre to say the least.…I've read of people "losing" things in containers outside when used for storage. Bugged? 

I was going to ask how you got the skins in pilgrim mode. When I was playing Pilgrim I never had a chance to get close enough to get a shot off to the bears or wolves. 

11 minutes ago, Mike in GA said:

That's very bizarre to say the least.…I've read of people "losing" things in containers outside when used for storage. Bugged? 

I was going to ask how you got the skins in pilgrim mode. When I was playing Pilgrim I never had a chance to get close enough to get a shot off to the bears or wolves. 

Crouching works wonders! And having good aim/decent rifle skill. You can shoot a bear from a far distance and he'll come charging towards you, giving you a good opportunity to get a head shot if you're quick.

5 hours ago, Stormwolf1O1 said:

You can shoot a bear from a far distance and he'll come charging towards you, giving you a good opportunity to get a head shot if you're quick.

If you can find a tree that's leaning over (even just a bit), you can crouch-climb it and shoot from there. The bear won't be able to reach you. ;)

9 hours ago, JAFO said:

If you can find a tree that's leaning over (even just a bit), you can crouch-climb it and shoot from there. The bear won't be able to reach you. ;)

I've used the PV farmstead screened-in patio thingy to off that bear that patrols the area. Was super easy, and getting all that food inside was a piece of cake.

4 hours ago, danille said:

Stand next to a car or near the door to a house. Shoot the bear, go in the door, wait a few seconds, go back outside.  Rinse repeat till pooh is dead.

That's hugely wasteful of ammo. You only need to shoot him once, then wait until he bleeds out and dies.. the best approach is:

Stand next to a car or near the door to a house. Shoot the bear, go in the door, wait a few seconds, go back outside.  (this avoids a long-standing bug that can make the bear miraculously heal) Then go back inside or do other things, till pooh is dead.

Depending on where your bullet hit him, it may take anywhere from 1-9 hours for him to die, but die he will. Bullets are too precious to waste more than one per animal.

5 minutes ago, danille said:

Cool. I was wondering why they would not die from the one shot. Thanks a bunch! :)

You're welcome.. the trick is, if you duck inside, don't spend more than 60 seconds indoors before you go back out. After that, you're all clear.

19 minutes ago, Mike in GA said:

I wonder if in pilgrim crouching reduces the area of auto scare like it does for detection reduction in the other modes. 

I've been camping in PV more lately, my random starts are not so random the last 3 spawns. @JAFO Thanks for the info on ducking in and out of the house!

It does indeed!

Crouching reduces the range of detection for all wildlife, regardless of difficulty mode.

Archived