I dropped $1500 and didn't get any information...

pkbitchgirl

...on how to redeem my reward

I pledged $1500 for the 'Be immortalized in The Long Dark as an NPC' reward. I asked for information in the forum and said I would receive information on how to do so. Anyway, I never received any correspondence asking me to send a photo to the studio and about 20 minutes ago I go to the Kickstarter page only to find that the game is launching in two days time?

What's more, my original post inquiring about this reward tier has since been deleted.

What's going on? Why didn't I get an PMs on his forum, or emails or messages on Kickstarter asking me to send in my photo?

I never received any correspondence asking me to send a photo to the studio and about 20 minutes ago I go to the Kickstarter page only to find that the game is launching in two days time?

I have no clue where you're finding information saying the final game with story mode is being released Oct 13the 2014...

Only the alpha sandbox has been released (you should have received your key months ago).

The NPC characters haven't been added to the story mode yet, so again I'm not sure where you're reading the final release is scheduled to be out in two days

There was a poster which said 'Two days to launch' at the top of the Kickstarter page

Do you mean the poster from this update page https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hi ... viva/posts

If so, then you should see that was the announcement for the Steam Early Access sandbox release that took place on Sept 22.

It's the public sandbox release of the version you've had the key for since months ago -- it's not the final release, just alpha sandbox (note the date of the update was Sept 20, 2014)

In all honesty, if I was a $1500 backer, I would of joined the forums, ways back when we were on the Vanilla template, and been a bigger part of the community, and through doing that, I would of been up to date on everything happening.

Im sorry that you feel as if you have missed out, but all information was readily available, from the KS page, when we launched the, The Long Dark forums back in February from memory.

As Bill has stated, the Story mode is still yet to come, so you still are in to be 'immortalised' within the game. We are on a Beta EA Steam Sandbox at the moment, so don't fear. Come and join us, and be a part of the EA and become a part of the community.

Archived