Wintermute wish the barn wolf...

Thrasador

I was wondering if it would be possible to script the wolf in the barn that is guarding the corpse with the key in Episode 1 to despawn permanently after the first time you frighten it off or kill it. I believe the workbench in that barn is the only workbench in Episode 1. Also it seems like after you detach it from the corpse the first time, when it DOES respawn it no longer sticks to the corpse, and it pretty much immediately attacks you from then on if you come back again later and enter the barn.

It's pretty frickin annoying in general....in my opinion....

Anyone else? Were talking one wolf here....there's still like 3 more wolves wandering around the farm other than that one....

The first game I stepped right into the wolf, got eaten.

The second time I knew he was there and I stepped into the barn, saw the wolf, went outside (the wolf didnt follow me) into the car, got the key, into the house, got another key and slept because I was tired.

After this I stepped outside and the barn was empty, I could loot the body and no wolf was around. So it seems that the wolf is not scripted at least not the whole time.

For me, I killed the wolf there.. he ran off before dying, but later died laying across the farmer's body. I harvested the meat, and later the carcass was gone. For the next week or so, whenever I went past there, no wolf. Then, when I go to craft the mittens, the wolf is there again, but keeps rapidly flickering between eating the farmer, and laying dead on the floor. Then a wolf-moan got stuck in a 1/4 second sound loop.. very annoying. I had to re-enter the farmhouse to get it to stop. Went back to the workbench again, and no wolf.

Weird.

When I first investigated the barn, I saw the body lying on the floor.  Walked over to it, heard a growl, and then I saw the wolf straddling the frozen carcass.  Went back outside, lit a flare, and threw it at the wolf as it glitched out and humped the dead body.

I got some mixed results: on the one hand, the tactic worked just as I had intended and had spooked the wolf out of the building.  But on the other hand, it rammed right into me, triggering the struggle screen. ¬¬

Fortunately, I came out just fine and was able to scavenge the key off the body.

5 hours ago, Thrasador said:

Maybe they changed it already....

Or it bugged for you....

I've seen it be there every time you come back....

If you stick around the farm he doesn't usually show up again. It's when you leave the area and come back later that he re-spawns.

7 minutes ago, SnowWalker said:

If you stick around the farm he doesn't usually show up again. It's when you leave the area and come back later that he re-spawns.

More weirdness then.. because I didn't stick around.. but whenever I returned, no wolf.. until I wanted to use the workbench.

9 minutes ago, JAFO said:

More weirdness then.. because I didn't stick around.. but whenever I returned, no wolf.. until I wanted to use the workbench.

Well yes, you have to go into the barn to get him. I killed him twice in there. Each time left the farm but did see his dead carcass one of those times. In fact it's why I came back the second time, to harvest his meat. but I got attacked again, the carcass from before was gone and I axed him really good and he took off to die somewhere. The third time I went to the farm i went into the barn with a lit flare and he was there at the back over the body just waiting for me but I scared him off that time with the flare and took off. I left not too long after that and didn't go back inside the barn again.

Archived