The Bear is now MIA!!!! Suggestions?

Djllans

So I have been playing the Bear Hunt.... on step 3/6 and I am totally stuck!  

The Bear has gone missing for 6-10  days or longer,  it's becoming a blur of frustration!  I was doing fine had just shot him at the frozen river and he ran to the tracks... I thought I was being so smart and found a spot in the rocks to snipe him from, or at the very least to avoid another clothes ripping, medicine sucking encounter!  

Well he spotted me and charged, and then he kept running, flee mechanic, whatever, and I can no longer find him!  

I have no painkillers and had a sprained ankle and wrist so I couldn't take that 4th shot.... he ran all over and finally down to the train cars.  I used that opening to hobble back to the Camp Office.  I expected that eventually he would be back at the tracks.... he wasn't and hasn't shown up.  I tried to reset by going back to trapper's like 4 times, been all over from hunting blind to frozen river to clear cut to logging camp to fishing camp, went fishing, bagged and have eaten an entire deer, playing interloper starvation diet.... this is getting to be a pain, and the endless snow fall... very dreary times indeed!

Any suggestions would be most welcome!

Start over?  Ughhh!

I had similar/same problem in this quest but it was on 5/6 (I did thread few days ago so you can read it, maybe it will help) and I just can suggest you to reboot your game, then go to the last spot where you shot him and find blood trail (or at least try, watch down to the floor and go to next location where he have to be). Then you will find him. 
P.S. : for the future, complete line of trust quests with Jeremiah before you kill the bear, because you couldn't speak with him after. I stucked on it, so I wait for the patch

23 minutes ago, vibernina said:

I too am having this problem except I'm on 4/6 and there is annoying fog that won't go away (I've heard it's scripted but I thought it wasn't supposed to come until 5/6?). Also, going off the map hasn't worked for me either :/

Shot 4 should be on the rails between Camp Office and Derailment.

Also make sure that it has recorded all of your 3 previous shots.

3 hours ago, RossBondReturns said:

Shot 4 should be on the rails between Camp Office and Derailment.

Also make sure that it has recorded all of your 3 previous shots.

Yeah, it's recorded all of my shots. I got up high for the fourth shot and hit the bear with the flare gun when it came after me. It was getting really late in game and I was at low condition so I decided to stay in the Camp Office for the night. I went up to the 5th encounter area between the train loading area and the logging camp but no bear. That was around 10 days ago in game. Checked every location for the bear every day since then and have had no luck. I'm starting to think I have to reset my game ;-;

4 minutes ago, vibernina said:

Yeah and I made sure the shot registered.

Hmmm...well in between my 2nd and 3rd shots I have a night. And it stayed on the frozen creek overnight.

Then I took a night in the dam between my 3rd and 4th shots.

And then took another night off in the Camp Office before I headed to between the Loading Zone and Logging camp...for shot 5...and I actually managed to get the 6th shot in the nick of time.

So I played it very quickly. About 2 hrs 10 mins or so of game play time.

Just now, RossBondReturns said:

Hmmm...well in between my 2nd and 3rd shots I have a night. And it stayed on the frozen creek overnight.

Then I took a night in the dam between my 3rd and 4th shots.

And then took another night off in the Camp Office before I headed to between the Loading Zone and Logging camp...for shot 5...and I actually managed to get the 6th shot in the nick of time.

So I played it very quickly. About 2 hrs 10 mins or so of game play time.

In that case my game probably needs to be reset. I've been holding out for a little while hoping for a patch that fixes this, I'll probably wait a little longer and see if any such patch is released, but oh well. Thanks anyway!

5 minutes ago, vibernina said:

In that case my game probably needs to be reset. I've been holding out for a little while hoping for a patch that fixes this, I'll probably wait a little longer and see if any such patch is released, but oh well. Thanks anyway!

You're welcome. When you next attempt it I recommend saving it after confirming each shot. Just nap for an hour or find the nearest building. Good luck to you.

So that was a PITA!!!! I finally finished the hunt!  I was  stuck again between 4 and 5. Again it took 5 or 6 days to find the bear.  I waited and searched and did the trappers thing again restarted the game.... nothing! 

I was headed to Forlorn as per the latest suggestion and just as I pass the camp office headed down the tracks the bear comes running from the deadfall area.  So this time I figure I am going to take my lumps straight up. So I head over to logging camp area and I see the bear I'm coming down out of the rocks got a save and took a shot.... Bear charged and then disappeared... calling it the ghost bear!!!  

Immediately quit out and then restarted my approach, came up via the road, no rocks, shot at close range, got mauled, registered shot 5!

No sneaking up just took my medicine!

Patched up and then walked down to clearing for the final shot!

Finally done!  

My suggestion?  Don't try to take long range shots, either get a good close shot or get mauled,  then you won't have to wait for the crazy bear to go on a 5-10 day run until he finally wants to show up!

Moving on!

1 hour ago, Djllans said:

So that was a PITA!!!! I finally finished the hunt!  I was  stuck again between 4 and 5. Again it took 5 or 6 days to find the bear.  I waited and searched and did the trappers thing again restarted the game.... nothing! 

I was headed to Forlorn as per the latest suggestion and just as I pass the camp office headed down the tracks the bear comes running from the deadfall area.  So this time I figure I am going to take my lumps straight up. So I head over to logging camp area and I see the bear I'm coming down out of the rocks got a save and took a shot.... Bear charged and then disappeared... calling it the ghost bear!!!  

Immediately quit out and then restarted my approach, came up via the road, no rocks, shot at close range, got mauled, registered shot 5!

No sneaking up just took my medicine!

Patched up and then walked down to clearing for the final shot!

Finally done!  

My suggestion?  Don't try to take long range shots, either get a good close shot or get mauled,  then you won't have to wait for the crazy bear to go on a 5-10 day run until he finally wants to show up!

Moving on!

I did a good mix of long and short range shots.

If you wanna see how close one ca get to dying while trying to fit in two shots at the next to last location feel free to check out my LP...specifically Episode 28.

Archived