"Must have hit my head harder than I thought..." [spolier]

tnbp

Ummmm...  I didn't hit my head AT ALL, from what I could tell.  Can anyone explain this cutscene to me?  I was convinced my machine had locked up or something when that cutscene started and that I had missed part of it because it made zero sense-- but then I watched some video footage on YouTube and I had, indeed, seen the cutscene as intended.  What am I missing?  What allegedly happened there?

1 hour ago, RossBondReturns said:

Essentially this.

Although its quite funny the second time around i got there in broad daylight and the lighting wouldve suggested he saw the body wayyyy before he tripped, hah. So maybe that confused the writer of the topic.

The first time the lighting definitely worked in the story's favor because it was around midnight.

The two cutscenes of finding the body and falling unconscious before leaving the shed put me off a little. I was also searching the shed with a lantern and saw the body way before I reached it/him and triggered the cutscene. It breaks the immersion if the perception of myself and the character I am supposed to be is so fundamentally different. I presume the reason for the cutscenes is that the game schedules the player to experience the aurorae for the first time when he/she has reached the shed. And that the player should be inside the shed when the aurorae hit, so as not to be caught in the open. Because we know by now that the aurorae come with special dangers which make being in a shelter advisable. This corresponds with only one exit door being actually open - the one which leads through a room which is still protected but lets you look outside quite well. So players do not accidentally stumble to their doom.

It would be much better if the two cutscenes were scrapped, they come across as too artificial. The player should instead run a risk of being caught by the first in-game aurorae in the open. Would teach him/her alright that it is generally wise to seek shelter when night falls. And in case the player runs a risk of missing the first aurorae while sleeping indoors, well... just wake him/her up!

"Something woke you up..."

There are definitely some real issues with the way the cutscenes run in general.  I agree that the timing is a bit off as far as tripping over the dead body is concerned.

Also, Will just kinda shrugged off the dead body.  Oh, it's a dead guy.  Ho hum.

That was a little disconcerting in and of itself.

i am not this far into the game yet, but i may have a bit of insight on Will for Sasha. Will is a bush pilot of obviously many years experience, he has also suffered great personal loss and is an alcoholic. to him, death is just something that happens. there is really only one person in the world whose death would have any effect on him, and that is Astrid. maybe as the story progresses and his body begins to " dry out", the fates of others may start to have more meaning to him, but at this point, even his own life doesnt matter to him, let alone the lives of others.

9 hours ago, MarrowStone said:

He tripped over the forest talker and hit his head on a shelf i think.

I'll have to back and watch the first cutscene again. That was SUPER unclear to me. 

Like many, many others, I also saw the body long before I "tripped over it." I also find major continuity problems but that wasn't even my issue, in this case. My issue was there was a cutscene that seemed completely out of place, referring to  hitting my head when I don't remember ever hitting my head, in the first place. It was just very, very confusing. 

Thanks for helping to clear it up. I'll go back and see if I can determine if I hit my head in the first sequence. 

9 hours ago, MarrowStone said:

He tripped over the forest talker and hit his head on a shelf i think.

Wow.  You are absolutely right. I just went and watched the cut scene and he hits his head on the floor when he trips. Will even comments, "That smarts."  He then stands up and shakes the cobwebs off.  I not only did not notice that in the cutscene the first time, but I also spent a fair amount of time in the shed before I left again, so I never would've drawn a connection between the two events/scenes.

Thanks again. 

It probably would have been smoother to combine the two cutscenes - maybe one of the other doors is unlocked to let you into the shed but the only way back out would be through the door that leads to the little "computer room" outside.  Will could then trip on the Forest Talker body there, hit his head and black out to be awoken by the aurorae.

Archived