Faithful Cartographer achievement... 100%?

Sashamorning

12 hours ago, mystifeid said:

Tbh, I don't really care. I was just thinking that more relaxed requirements in the beginning - for an already pointless achievement - might have freed up time for everyone.

all the same only to those who already died, if you are still alive, then you do not all the same.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/24/2017 at 4:13 AM, Arzanot said:

You forget to mention that you used a Mod with a "Map" command.

That's correct, I wanted a full map of every region, so I manually walked to each one, used the "map" command, and the entirety of each region's map was now uncovered. I'm not sure what the difference is in the end-result, though, in terms of getting your mapping stat to 100%, as required for the achievement. It should be the same, but with one method getting you the achievement instantly, and the other much more slowly.

The difference in the end-result, not disclosing the method of achieving it, would be spreading false information. 
One method being legit, the other using a system similar to cheat codes.

I got a million dollars yesterday.

• Did you earn it?
  • Did you steal it?

There's a big difference :)

Imagine if developers looked at your statement earlier, and noone ever mentioned that you got it via mods. Well this guy got it, then it isn't broken, carry on. Misinformation is the worst kind.

I mapped all of Mountain Town, and did the "one mapping action per region" thing.  Still nothing.  But then no one else on xbox has had better luck, it seems.  This is the last achievement that I need for this game.  Hinterland is really messing with my OCD on this one lol

• 4 weeks later...

There is a player on Steam that said he achieved, but i dont believe on stem achievements because of cheats. I decided investigate this achievement with a mod and see if i can earn it by cheats and it is possible only in PC version. But i used the mod not for earn this achievement but for investigate and i could find there are 2 maps with problem to unlock the achievement.: Mountain Town anf Mystery Lake.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is going to sound like an extremely stupid question, but I'll ask it anyway...

Does every location actually need to be MAPPED with charcoal, or just found by the name popping up on screen?

Why do you ask?  Because I'm still on my 500+ day run, which I started before I even realized that I could map with charcoal...

On 4/16/2018 at 4:05 PM, Alaqella said:

As long as the text is triggered, it is enough. I've got the achievement and sometimes I have half the text showing only, like in PV, it's just too big :}

And  it's on my save from October, so don't worry about old saves.

On the list of locations, I count 155 different named places.

I have 190.  I'm at 92%.

Something isn't quite right.

A few more clarifications from someone that has this achievement.

All you should worry about is mapping the locations on the list provided by the devs. You only have to discover the location, pull the charcoal out and have the name/icon drawn on your map. That's it.

The number and percentage of locations discovered is unrelated to this achievement. On the run where i got the achievement i had 178 and 91%. I just mapped the locations and didn't even bother entering most of them. As long as you have it's name/icon drawn on the map you're good to go.

Well, I finally got it. B|

I revisited my older Stalker run for which I had 100% locations, and re-mapped a few places where the 'named location' wasn't initially showing on the map. They still weren't showing, so I exited the game (I don't use the Steam overlay or whatever pops up when you get an achievement) and viola! Done. Seems there are a few places where names just won't show up. Wish I could say for sure what exactly what changed; I just went to a few places I thought were buggy and re-mapped, tried to fill in some of the black areas and somehow that seemed to do it.

Anyhow, I'm happy about this because my character endured a heck of a lot of suffering (and I put in a fair few hours!) to get everything mapped but it just wouldn't pop.

So, yay!

Archived