Off to a great start.

Pawel E Cieslak

I've just started a new life and have spawned near the Dam. Just my luck:

Day 1:

5:15 PM Discovered Carter Hydro Dam.

5:26 PM Wolf attack!

5:26 PM Experiencing significant blood loss.

5:26 PM At risk for infected wound.

5:27 PM Wolf attack!

5:27 PM Experiencing significant blood loss.

5:27 PM At risk for infected wound.

5:27 PM Killed a Wolf

6:07 PM Went to sleep.

7:07 PM Woke up after sleeping 1 hour

I also wanted to play with him. I notticed that after the first attack he run away (kind of like the wolves in the wild) however he had nowhere to escape so he went straight for round two. I started with 100%, I had lost 60% in the first battle and another 32% in round 2. I had to sleep that hour just to stop low hp effects and search the Dam. The good thing was that I have found good loot - 3x 100% sewing kit and 92% rifle + 5 ammo was the best I have found; still, losing 92% of health in first real life minute is never a good thing. As for Fluffy's behavior I think in the log he shoud be changed from "Killed a Wolf" to something like "Killed Fluffy" and he shouldn't have reaction of running away and should fight to death. Reason being:

1) Dam is his nest and he wouldn't run away leaving it empty for intruder/player.

2) He cannot run outside, so he will run in circle (depending on location) and attack player for the second time

In my case I was fighting in the corridor so he was running for a second or two, however I have tested it in the "upper main room" of the Dam, and the effect was very simmilar.

I think in the log he should be changed from "Killed a Wolf" to something like "Killed Fluffy" and he shouldn't have reaction of running away and should fight to death.

+1 on showing Fluffy in the log

I disagree with not allowing FLuffy to run away during a battle -- even after multiple plays (and especially when it happens for the very first time for a player), there's an incredible tension release of "Phew! I did it, I'm safe" -- followed immediately by that heart stopping shock of the rebound attack!

It really lends itself to a rapid roller coaster of fear, panic, adrenaline, relief, and sudden desperation panic... quite an emotional ride in a very short time (and immersive in the concentration of the fight)

Would be interesting to see perhaps a Steam accomplishment badge [most players would get it, but still a badge of honor] "Fluffy The Dam Wolf Slayer"

Would be interesting to see perhaps a Steam accomplishment badge [most players would get it, but still a badge of honor] "Fluffy The Dam Wolf Slayer"

Well you could make Fluffy a bit harder to kill and then give the achievement only when Fluffy was slain by hand.

Soon Fluffy will become trademarked The Long Dark merchandise. Maybe one day we will see Fluffy action toys and cereal. With all the love Fluffy is getting on the forums (which is nice), he might even get his own game or a spin-off. Would be interesting to play TLD from Fluffy's point of view: wait, wait, wait, oh look a player, kill him/die. Maybe they could add to the Dam a wolf pup or two (Fluffy Jr.) which would be smaller, harder to see but would inflict less damage. Imagine walking away from dead Fluffy, happy to have done it when suddenly you get attacked by little, vicious ball of fur. Also, if I recall correctly there is supposed to be something like a psychologic stat, recharged by a photo; correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe you could get a lucky paw from Fluffy and wear it as a necklace - you feel like you're about to die when you look down at that paw and think: "I can do it!"

Archived