Is meat degrading faster?

Quarbani 79

I put some wolf meat at 20% in the cupboard and slept for 8 hours and when I woke up it wasn't there.....was it a bug or did it just disappear at 0%

Then I shot a bear and couldn't find it for about a day then when I found it and harvested it all the meat was at 0%

i've played this game a lot and never seen a carcass go that bad so quick

raw meat degrades much faster than cooked meat

but "carcass" meat does seem to degrade even faster.

I just shot a bear (several shots actually) and got the meat almost immediatly (shot it close by pleasant valley homestead so almost no time lost on walking back and forth.

All the meat was about 80% by the time I got it (1h-2h for harvesting hide and guts before the meat).  Those values over a day would explain a 0% meat

However I found quite some wolves the day after I killed them and never was the meat in such bad condition...

5 hours ago, Quarbani 79 said:

I put some wolf meat at 20% in the cupboard and slept for 8 hours and when I woke up it wasn't there.....was it a bug or did it just disappear at 0%

Raw Wolf meat indoors decays at 33.333% per day.. (even faster than raw bear meat, at 25% per day indoors) So when yours got to 0%, it vanished, as per the game's normal behaviour.

Outdoors, it would have decayed at 3.333% per day. All meat, raw or cooked, should be stored outdoors. Most other foodstuffs too. See the link for specifics of the various items.

I normally store stuff outside but I was carrying meat and got attacked by 3 wolves outside my house, I barely made it in alive so there was no way I was going back out to drop meat! Lol. But normally when meat goes to 0% it just has a Red Cross through it.......I never seen it vanish?

1 minute ago, Quarbani 79 said:

I normally store stuff outside but

But normally when meat goes to 0% it just has a Red Cross through it.......I never seen it vanish?

Well then, normally, it would be on the ground outside, or in your backpack. Where it would have a red cross through it. But food or other items with a red cross, if placed in a container, usually vanish. That's normal behaviour.

Archived