Timberwolf Mountain - Interloper

LucidFugue

Didn't want to derail this thread . But I was going to say that I am not comfortable summiting Timberwolf Mountain without either a bedroll or coffee. 

I currently have 2 tins of coffee and a hacksaw so I should be fine to make the run once I get over there... But for other interlopers, what's your approach? Will you race for the summit if you spawn on TMW? Do you have any prerequisites for making a run? 

8 minutes ago, LucidFugue said:

But for other interlopers, what's your approach? Will you race for the summit if you spawn on TMW? Do you have any prerequisites for making a run? 

You should really check out this thread by @Drifter Man detailing his triumphant conquering of an Interloper TWM Only run. 

You can make it to the summit without a bedroll or coffee, if you have enough cloth to make a snow shelter in the cave near the rope that leads to the summit.

If I were to make up rules for surviving interloper I'm pretty sure the first one would be get out of your starting zone.  Too much risk and opportunity cost for staying.

I prefer to wait for the summit trip until I have a bow.  There is usually a difficult to avoid wolf on my favored route to TWM (cinder hills or rural crossroads toward derelict cabins) and a couple spots during the trek to or from the summit where having a bow can save a bunch of time (and hence condition loss from the cold) or allow safer access to cargo containers on the way.

Coffee is a luxury, but I usually make a fire and have a cup as I begin the final ascent.  Not sure I'd try without the bedroll (did so once, it was horrible).

You can make it to the summit with nothing except an emergency stim, but you'd have to go to another zone to get one first (again, it's horrible).

Archived