More Homely Animals

henroe32

2 minutes ago, SnowWalker said:

Fluffy also jumped me in the room with the safe by surprise too. I was in there knocking about and she comes flying in at me and jumps me. She came up the stairs to get me as I was looting, lol. I killed her right in there.

That was the one and only time I've ever killed a wolf right on the spot with a knife.

On 2017-08-08 at 2:46 AM, JAFO said:

Be careful what you wish for.. Raphael has publicly stated on Twitter that Fluffy is no longer in the dam. But his wording was that she's been "moved". Where is she now? We don't know.. so keep your wits about you, and don't stop looking over your shoulder. She could be anywhere.

I hope not in whale processing, lol.

1 minute ago, SnowWalker said:

Fluffy also jumped me in the room with the safe by surprise too. I was in there knocking about and she comes flying in at me and jumps me. She came up the stairs to get me as I was looting, lol. I killed her right in there.

I'm glad Fluffy is gone, because it's bad enough she was in there but she was often bugged, which made it even worse.

Like first time I went in the dam ever, I knew she was in there because I read a ton about the game before playing...

So I take my clothes off, so she won't wreck them, and I go looking for her to take care of her straight away....I look everywhere. Every room upstairs....all over the generator room, up the catwalks....she's nowhere. I can hear her though like she's there, but she's nowhere to be found...

So I'm like, "Great, I guess she's stuck in the floor!" 

I read about that too...

So I get dressed again and loot upstairs....then I go through the door in the generator room, and loot the lower floor too....careful not to get locked outside by the one way door I read about.

I get done and go to bring my spoils up to the lockers in the first room on the first floor...

Wouldn't you know it...now Fluffy is running around the damn generator room. She charged me before I could even think, and wrecked my damn clothes too...

I was on Voyager....so no parasites....you bet your butt I cooked her and ate her with that fire barel....

8 hours ago, Thrasador said:

So I get dressed again and loot upstairs....then I go through the door in the generator room, and loot the lower floor too....careful not to get locked outside by the one way door I read about.

I started playing this long before there was anything to read about it. Everything that can happen to you in the dam I learned the hard way. The first time I went out that one way door I had no idea it locked from outside, or even that I'd be outside, since I didn't really catch that it says 'leave dam', just clicked it. It was night and a blizzard and I froze to death since I didn't know any way to get back inside and didn't want to go down and get lost, didn't know what was down there and couldn't see a thing beyond my lamp-light because of the storm, which ran out of fuel pretty quickly anyway. I couldn't make a fire because it was too windy. I wasn't really too bothered about losing that game to death since in those long-ago days, dying and starting over again was a fairly common experience for me. I never went out of that door again for the longest time, even out of curiosity, until I did read about the way back inside.

On 8-8-2017 at 9:14 AM, nicko said:

well yes first time i entered the farmhouse first run and all I got attacked by a wolf and thought wtf that was a bit unfair.

ah barn / shed i think it was not house, found a dead person with a key afterwards.

Given your description, I assume you mean the open structure in front of the Barker farmhouse Grey Mother sends you to find the key to a safe deposit box she wants.

Yeah, I got jumped there as well. But that's not because there's a wolf lurking inside; but because the wolf roaming the area outside can see you (and I have a sense it can even see you through the walls) - so you best bring a torch when going there.

So sorry to say that wasn't fluffy.

Furthermore, I feel it's plenty unsafe outside, I wouldn't want to having to be walking crouched on my toes and looking over my shoulder inside as well. Man, there have been instances where the game dropped me right next to the dam in the beginning, and I almost crapped my pants. That's some scary shit, it gets on my nerves.

Good to know Fluffy has been moved. Next time I'll enter the dam, I'll breathe more easily.

1 hour ago, TWM said:

Yeah, I got jumped there as well. But that's not because there's a wolf lurking inside; but because the wolf roaming the area outside can see you

In my case there was a wolf inside the barn there.. chowing down on what I learned later was the farmer. I stayed away. Thanks to this thread, now I know I have a reason to go back and search the body. No doubt I'll have to chase the wolf away first, even though it will be days after my first visit, due to the non time-sensitive scripting in the game.

2 hours ago, JAFO said:

No doubt I'll have to chase the wolf away first, even though it will be days after my first visit, due to the non time-sensitive scripting in the game.

Quite likely. As you say, I've had wolves gnaw for days on a deer carcass I had cleaned out earlier, popping up right after Grey Mother informed me that the wolves move into town when people move away.

Well, they did indeed, right on cue.

It's moments like these that remind you you're playing a computer game.

5 hours ago, JAFO said:

In my case there was a wolf inside the barn there.. chowing down on what I learned later was the farmer. I stayed away. Thanks to this thread, now I know I have a reason to go back and search the body. No doubt I'll have to chase the wolf away first, even though it will be days after my first visit, due to the non time-sensitive scripting in the game.

I'm almost positive that that wolf spawns inside of that barn every time you revisit the farm. In my first full play-through of eps 1 he surprised me in the barn the first time I went in it. I fought it and it ran away wounded. Went back into the barn once more before I left the farm and it was laying dead beside the farmer. I found it weird that he came back in to die beside the farmer in the barn and when I got dialog for the scene I became suspicious of the whole thing being scripted. After I left the farm I came back later on in the eps to harvest it's meat and got jumped by another barn wolf and it also ran away wounded and the other carcass was gone....even more suspicious now. Then, later on in the game I had to go back to the farm since I had never located Mother's story item before all of that to get said item. This time I went inside of the barn with a lit flare and scared it off, but he was standing right beside the corpse at the back wall of the barn just waiting to jump me again when I came in. The wolf is definitely scripted to be waiting in that barn no matter how many times you revisit the farm, and it's def not Fluffy. When I replayed eps 1 I gathered even more evidence of the barn wolf being scripted, but I won't say what it is here for fear of it being even more of a spoiler for you, but that wolf is 100% scripted and if you kill it, it doesn't stay dead and respawns into story position.

Just now, SnowWalker said:

I'm almost positive that that wolf spawns inside of that barn every time you revisit the farm. In my first full play-through of eps 1 he surprised me in the barn the first time I went in it. I fought it and it ran away wounded. Went back into the barn once more before I left the farm and it was laying dead beside the farmer. I found it weird that he came back in to die beside the farmer in the barn and when I got dialog for the scene I became suspicious of the whole thing being scripted. After I left the farm I came back later on in the eps to harvest it's meat and got jumped by another barn wolf and it also ran away wounded and the other carcass was gone....even more suspicious now. Then, later on in the game I had to go back to the farm since I had never located Mother's story item before all of that to get said item. This time I went inside of the barn with a lit flare and scared it off, but he was standing right beside the corpse at the back wall of the barn just waiting to jump me again when I came in. The wolf is definitely scripted to be waiting in that barn no matter how many times you revisit the farm, and it's def not Fluffy. When I replayed eps 1 I gathered even more evidence of the barn wolf being scripted, but I won't say what it is here for fear of it being even more of a spoiler for you, but that wolf is 100% scripted and if you kill it, it doesn't stay dead and respawns into story position.

That is an example of one of the biggest issues I have with the wolf spawns since Story mode was released.

The wolves don't stay dead for any length of time, and they respawn in the same exact place whether you kill it or not.

That one particular wolf ESPECIALLY should stay dead if you kill it for that quest, so you can use the workbench in the barn after doing that.

I reported the new wolf respawning as a bug, I don't care if it is a bug or how they wanted it. It isn't how it was in Sandbox before Wintermute, so it's a bug now. Wolves should stay dead for more than a day, especially if you leave something on the remains....like in sandbox. They shouldn't instant despawn and respawn so darn fast.

No sir, I don't like it....

Report it until they change it.

39 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

The wolves don't stay dead for any length of time

I got jumped again last night on the lake in ML because again...the flare gun didn't reload...even though I clicked 'R' a couple times) Anyhoo, I wounded that wolf pretty good and I waited around for it to die since I needed more food. He wouldn't die...just walked around all over the lake, and at first it looked like it was moving slowly and wounded and would die...but then seemed to become good and healthy again. I decided to leave it since I figured he was back in attack mode.

39 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

That one particular wolf ESPECIALLY should stay dead if you kill it for that quest, so you can use the workbench in the barn after doing that.

You can go back into the barn again but only if you haven't left the farm yet. But not if you've left the area altogether and come back later on. It's gotta be a bug, like you say. We should be able to use that workbench later and the game should 'know' that we've already killed it and got the dialog for it even if it was out of turn.

I've reached the conclusion I'm actually glad they don't have time-sensitive scripting.. because the current state of scripting in the game is so inept that I'm sure they'd royally bugger time-sensitive events up, if they tried.

Archived