More Homely Animals

henroe32

This is just a small idea but I think we can all agree that Fluffy gives life to an otherwise dark and creepy building. Now, Fluffy is special in the game in that she is the only indoor animal (which makes sense with the dam given the size of the structure) but I think it would be cool to have random wolf spawns in other indoor places as well.

Wolves should never always be in places (it should be a random chance) but I think there are some structures which need a resident. Some of these could include:

•The abandoned mineshaft and connector one at desolation point

•The whaling warehouse

•The mountaneerimg office

•The barn

i would also like to ask that the carter hydro dam be made darker again. I was playing on The Hunted and I didn't even need a light source to navigate through it which really takes away from the scaryness it had before of this pitch black looming, creeking structure.

Any thoughts?

I totally agree with this. Having a sense of danger in a building is a must have because at the moment a building is ALWAYS a safe spot which shouldn't really be the case. I feel that the barns spread around and the whaling warehouse would especially good for this because of the open holes and things in the buildings. 

59 minutes ago, henroe32 said:

This is just a small idea but I think we can all agree that Fluffy gives life to an otherwise dark and creepy building. Now, Fluffy is special in the game in that she is the only indoor animal (which makes sense with the dam given the size of the structure) but I think it would be cool to have random wolf spawns in other indoor places as well.

Be careful what you wish for.. Raphael has publicly stated on Twitter that Fluffy is no longer in the dam. But his wording was that she's been "moved". Where is she now? We don't know.. so keep your wits about you, and don't stop looking over your shoulder. She could be anywhere.

19 minutes ago, JAFO said:

Be careful what you wish for.. Raphael has publicly stated on Twitter that Fluffy is no longer in the dam. But his wording was that she's been "moved". Where is she now? We don't know.. so keep your wits about you, and don't stop looking over your shoulder. She could be anywhere.

farmhouse maybe? or just a wolf that attacked me soon as I entered it?

8 minutes ago, JAFO said:

You shouldn't be attacked just after you entered.. unless that actually was Fluffy, anyway.. can you elaborate?

well yes first time i entered the farmhouse first run and all I got attacked by a wolf and thought wtf that was a bit unfair.

ah barn / shed i think it was not house, found a dead person with a key afterwards.

10 minutes ago, JAFO said:

Ok.. was this a loading-screen location?

10 minutes ago, JAFO said:

Ok.. was this a loading-screen location?

pretty sure it was a loading screen. i could be wrong but yeah i remember a scene where it seemed like a fluffy moment.

Why not have different animals all together? I mean a bear wouldn't be easy to put in small areas but a deer could be scavenging for scraps of food. I would love to see a cuddly little bunny rabbit in the garage on coastal highway or scuttling around the pleasant valley farmstead.

1 hour ago, Brpdog said:

@JAFOThis wolf he is talking about is in the story mode where you have to find a safe deposit box key in a barn.

Thanks mate.. I didn't see the edit where he mentioned finding a key.. that would have tipped me off that it was story mode.

2 minutes ago, SnowWalker said:

Yeah, haha, get jumped as soon as you open the door :D

I imagine he probably meant the Camp Offuce....not that I have seen all the new changes in Sandbox....or all the locations in the Story....so who knows maybe he found a Mountaineer's Office, lol....

Actaually, that happened to me once at the dam. As soon as I went through the door to get inside, I took like two steps and got jumped by Fluffy. Freaked me right out. After that I always go in with a flare lit lol, it's never happened again though. Also one time I got jumped the second I walked out of Trapper's. I just get out the door and a wolf comes flying around the left side corner there and jumps me. He freaked me out so bad that I wanted to stuff his head and hang it on the wall. You expect that maybe you'll get jumped out of nowhere if you're out walking around, but not when you're just leaving Trapper's or just getting inside of the dam.

Just now, SnowWalker said:

Actaually, that happened to me once at the dam. As soon as I went through the door to get inside, I took like two steps and got jumped by Fluffy. Freaked me right out. After that I always go in with a flare lit lol, it's never happened again though. Also one time I got jumped the second I walked out of Trapper's. I just get out the door and a wolf comes flying around the left side corner there and jumps me. He freaked me out so bad that I wanted to stuff his head and hang it on the wall. You expect that maybe you'll get jumped out of nowhere if you're out walking around, but not when you're just leaving Trapper's or just getting inside of the dam.

Yeah, both those sound like you got cheesed...

What an odd title for this thread....I guess the OP must mean "homey animals," like animals living in homes....

I read it as, "More Ugly Animals."

Like this:

Sam_dog.jpg

6 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

Yeah, both those sound like you got cheesed...

Fluffy also jumped me in the room with the safe by surprise too. I was in there knocking about and she comes flying in at me and jumps me. She came up the stairs to get me as I was looting, lol. I killed her right in there.

Archived