(Spoiler) Jeremiah Theories

Volatile

OK I'm really bad at guessing, but here's my two cents:

- Astrid never planned to let Will know where she was heading to. She gave him a destination to fly the plane to, but made it a point to not explain who she was going to meet there and why. If Will had accompanied her on this journey, he would surely have found out and it wouldn't make much of a difference if she had told him beforehand. (although one could argue that he might not have been willing to take her there in the first place, had he known.)

- Astrid and Will lost their son, which is why their marriage ended. Guilt and allegations play a major role here. We don't know what exactly happened, but Will feels guilty for it. So it is alluded that something he did or didn't do led to the death of his son. Astrid knows that he feels the guilt very heavily and feels sorry for him. Now she's talking him into a trip that will possibly cause her own death (now this is an assumption from my end). Knowing that Will will suffer enormously from having repeated the same crime (hurting his own family) twice, she tries to put as much distance between them as possible. On the other hand she wants Will to survive, that's why she's giving him hints that might help him achieve this. 

Edited by melcantspell

• 5 weeks later...

I think Jeremiah is a “Darpa” character, one of the people who set up a project that went wrong.  

Methuselah, on the other hand is Will’s “old self conscience” giving him advice. Only he can see him.  

Edited by Dougie

• 3 weeks later...