Pleased with Hinterland

Drewski_STX

I have to say this has been well worth the wait. Usually there comes a point in survival mode where you've just about done it all and then you have shelve the game for a few months until the hanckering to play again strikes you to play again. The story gives you a reason to continue playing. It could use some polishing but that's what early access is all about. Other than greed haha just kidding. Anyways, I am thoroughly impressed with the progress that Hi twrland has made here. When the full release is on the shelves it's going to be a gem I'm sure. Congrats Hinterland! Great job! 

Ouch, really? Only one game at a time you say? That's heartbreaking. I haven't checked mine yet, but I have a game where I am at day 170+ yeeeesh hope it's still there among the other two saves I had. 

49 minutes ago, SnowWalker said:

Btw, last night I took a wee break from Wintermute and checked out survival mode. Can we only play one survivor game at a time now? The game has put me back into my Voyager game, but I also had a Stalker game going as well.

7 minutes ago, Drewski_STX said:

Ouch, really? Only one game at a time you say? That's heartbreaking. I haven't checked mine yet, but I have a game where I am at day 170+ yeeeesh hope it's still there among the other two saves I had. 

Unless I'm missing something, it's only one at a time now. I can't see an option for playing other saves that I had. The game put me in the last survivor game I was playing before the update, which was my Voyager game, so if you were playing your 170 days game last it should put you back into it, but if you were last exploring in Pilgrim or something else, I'm guessing that's where you'll end up now again.

You can start multiple games. But carrying over the old saves from before Wintermute seems buggy. I did not bring any old, wanted a clean start. But my saved diary from a veeery old game is gone forever now :( I can see the stats, but no diaries. Guess we have to live with that.

On 2017-08-07 at 5:58 PM, June said:

You can start multiple games. But carrying over the old saves from before Wintermute seems buggy. I did not bring any old, wanted a clean start. But my saved diary from a veeery old game is gone forever now :( I can see the stats, but no diaries. Guess we have to live with that.

You're right! It was under 'Load' which I failed to realize since I was looking for the old look. Yes, so all my old saves are intact. I've only played some of one of them so far so I don't know how buggy they are. So far I've not had too much trouble playing Wintermute on my pc and I've not gotten many of the weirder bugs people have been reporting. Had some re-spawning wolves and I did have that invisible wolf at the church which was eating a deer carcass that I was able to get the meat from anyway. Very odd and unnerving to harvest a carcass that an oblivious, invisible wolf is also ravaging.

Archived