Can't reach box of ammo under bed

Quarbani 79

I've often wondered if this would happen as I've seen some stuff really squirreled away, but I have always been able to get the cursor on it. 

Do you have a screenshot? That'd be a bug post for sure. Rifle bullets are tiny and if the spawn location is fixed but the item pool semi random it might just be that rifle bullets are inaccessible in that location. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem.  I was playing stalker and save reload didn't work.  I died and started over, and they were still there and unreachable.  Do you know what worked?  I died again, only this time they didn't spawn there.  Clearly a bug.

Yup, just saw this on my roommate's PS4 playthrough on pilgrim in the same location. He gave up trying to get the reticle on it, deciding it wasn't anything anyway, but it was clearly an item --a small rectangular box, like an herbal tea box but not green. Unfortunately, since it's not my game, I can't get a screenshot. But I can at least confirm that sometimes an item does spawn underneath the bed in Quonset garage --just next to that red herring can-- and doesn't seem to be reachable. If I see it in any of my runs, I'll grab a picture and probably spend an hour trying to reach it.

14 hours ago, WanderingPalm said:

Yup, just saw this on my roommate's PS4 playthrough on pilgrim in the same location. He gave up trying to get the reticle on it, deciding it wasn't anything anyway, but it was clearly an item --a small rectangular box, like an herbal tea box but not green. Unfortunately, since it's not my game, I can't get a screenshot. But I can at least confirm that sometimes an item does spawn underneath the bed in Quonset garage --just next to that red herring can-- and doesn't seem to be reachable. If I see it in any of my runs, I'll grab a picture and probably spend an hour trying to reach it.

Red herring can? Isn't it an empty opened can of pinnacle peaches? Or am I missing something? :P

Hi guys.. New to forum and I can confirm the ammo unreachable under bed.

Screenshot here... On PC here.

EDIT - I broke down all the obstructions close to the bed to try and get me closer. None of that worked. There is definitely an ammo box under the bed and I have heard reports of people actually grabbing the box but claiming it was ridiculously hard.

I guess only a Hinterlands dev can tell us if that box actually exists and is lootable. It could be for looks just as much as that opened can of food there that you can't loot.

I've also came across sticks and branches that were "unlootable" as well. Which is why I'm wondering if this is a bug or not.

ammo.png

10 hours ago, Bamsmacked said:

I guess only a Hinterlands dev can tell us if that box actually exists and is lootable. It could be for looks just as much as that opened can of food there that you can't loot.

I dont think they need to - that ammo is definitedly loot, just unreachable. There are no "empty rifle boxes" anywhere else in the world to my knowledge, I dont see why there would be only one hidden under the bed in gas station.
This is most definitedly just a mistake during loot placements, I expect that whomever placed it there didnt properly test whether its actually lootable or not, or maybe it used to be lootable but with the changes to textures something changed and now its unreachable.

10 hours ago, Bamsmacked said:

I've also came across sticks and branches that were "unlootable" as well. Which is why I'm wondering if this is a bug or not.

That is a bug people reported before.

11 hours ago, Bamsmacked said:

Hi guys.. New to forum and I can confirm the ammo unreachable under bed.

Screenshot here... On PC here.

EDIT - I broke down all the obstructions close to the bed to try and get me closer. None of that worked. There is definitely an ammo box under the bed and I have heard reports of people actually grabbing the box but claiming it was ridiculously hard.

ammo.png

Pinnacle Peaches!

23 hours ago, Stormwolf1O1 said:

Red herring can? Isn't it an empty opened can of pinnacle peaches? Or am I missing something? :P

Yeah, it is, but I refer to it as a red herring because I always see a can on the floor and go "oo, food!" And then remember that it's already opened and not actually loot. It's a lie. Hence the "red herring can". ;)

6 minutes ago, WanderingPalm said:

Yeah, it is, but I refer to it as a red herring because I always see a can on the floor and go "oo, food!" And then remember that it's already opened and not actually loot. It's a lie. Hence the "red herring can". ;)

The can is a lie.

11 hours ago, Mroz4k said:

I dont think they need to - that ammo is definitedly loot, just unreachable. There are no "empty rifle boxes" anywhere else in the world to my knowledge, I dont see why there would be only one hidden under the bed in gas station.
This is most definitedly just a mistake during loot placements, I expect that whomever placed it there didnt properly test whether its actually lootable or not, or maybe it used to be lootable but with the changes to textures something changed and now its unreachable.

That is a bug people reported before.

Yeah? I figured it probably had been. hopefully it gets fixed soon. Not as much concerned about sticks though I just want my damn ammo under that bed. I spent quite awhile ttying to get it, wasnt successful so I left it. :(

Guys, I noticed something today about that ammo box under the bed. In older versions of the game, the bed is much smaller, with the box being placed just under the front end of the bed. The box was very easily reachable, and I'm kicking myself now for not taking a picture before I picked it up. I suppose as time went on and graphics were overhauled the devs never thought to reposition that box specifically.

1 hour ago, Stormwolf1O1 said:

Guys, I noticed something today about that ammo box under the bed. In older versions of the game, the bed is much smaller, with the box being placed just under the front end of the bed. The box was very easily reachable, and I'm kicking myself now for not taking a picture before I picked it up. I suppose as time went on and graphics were overhauled the devs never thought to reposition that box specifically.

Thats precisely what I thought had happened, because I faintly remembered picking up that box sometimes long time ago) Good catch, thanks, @Stormwolf1O1. 1+ for beating me to this realization (I was gonna install that old version of the game myself later tonight for a nostalgia spin.)

• 2 months later...

5a1c41d013bf9_screen_(-5-149-6)_017f436f-9348-438b-afa3-e3c7871ce578.thumb.png.51b0150d064c7d962579f4c3b28c1da6.png

If you put your left shoulder against the wall and crouch down you've got a shot at touching the lower left pixel of the box.  Might take a bit of maneuvering to get just far enough away to where the bed selection dot doesn't get in the way.

I think the issue is that the selection offsets got wider so picking tiny things like rose hips up would be easier and now the already giant bed zone overlaps the clearly visible box.

5a1c41de59d1e_screen_(-5-149-6)_5ed6643d-7f70-4390-9012-acafe084a9a3.thumb.png.f51f30a7edef14bdf10e6fe89f326aad.png 

Archived