Arrows bounce off!?

Maquard

There are 3 reasons, but the first is most common:

1. You grazed them, this usually happens when your arrow connects with the edge of the target's model.  You can usually tell a graze because you get credit for a hit, but when you look at where it happened there is no blood decal (or blood trail).  Grazes can frighten an animal, but it causes no damage.

2. Physics whackiness, when this happens the arrow usually bounces off with a noticeable arc.  These can happen with crits (from high skill) that kill the target, but are usually grazes.

3. The arrow broke.  They never stick when they break.  This can be useful for recovering the arrowhead.

As far as doing something wrong, your aim is probably just a little bit high or to the side.

ok this will be hard to believe but if you do it's hilarious i shot a wolf charging at me point blank (almost got mauled) wolf dies arrow bounces.....right into my character to the same result as shooting at the sky a.k.a death. I wasn't even mad until I realized that my recording software caped out about two hours ago

Archived