Where is the aurora in survival mode?

Tbone555

10 minutes ago, mystifeid said:

Try killing one. Then look at it the next day. It would be cool if green wolf pelts gave the wolf skin coat some sort of buff.

Lol, do they really stay green if you kill them during an aurora? I never kill wolves if I can avoid it, so I haven't noticed this color change yet. Neither have I seen a green living wolf during the daytime yet, btw. Thanks for telling me, I'll check it out.^^

PS: I just realized bears also glow greenish during auroras - I'll try to kill one during an aurora night and check the fur the next morning. xD

12 hours ago, Scyzara said:

Lol, do they really stay green if you kill them during an aurora?

After the kill...

screen_8ac33316-640f-442c-8b19-f6ef470825ba_hi.thumb.png.0590bef05c4d882c9100c3767b3e6017.png

And the next day...

screen_d75ce4e5-43c3-47fe-bf6d-9aaf12c9e91f_hi.thumb.png.19efb2d8daa32590d785d182d87aff6e.png

Had to run after this one. That's the worst thing about the wolfskin coat. Maybe that could be the buff for one made from green hides - a coat that doesn't scare wolves. Unfortunately though, the harvested hides revert to their normal color.

Have had about 4 interloper starts in the past week. It is very frequent on Interloper. Maybe 3 out of 4 nights on average, though it doesn't necessarily last all night long. 

It's nasty - wolf detection range is double or more. You have to start spotfires and manoeuvre them until you can scare them in the opposite direction to where you are going. Otherwise they'll revert from scared to stalking you once more. Nights with an aurora are clear, weather-wise. But it's not a good tradeoff. I'd prefer to be indoors and avoid travelling, but on Interloper mid-afternoon through to early night is typically the best time to travel. An early-night aurora suddenly cuts that travel down to a small sliver of usable daylight. 

On Friday, August 18, 2017 at 11:47 AM, Simone Else said:

do we need to start a new game or something because I'm at 42 days and not 1 time for me.  

I had this bug in Survival as well pre patch 1.08 on ps4 without realizing it until I restarted another game. I thought the Aurora was exclusive to story mode until I got fried walking inside Carter Dam on my first night O.o Try to loot the Dam during the daytime and get out before dusk you will get trapped and or die in there 

Now on my present game they occur every night when the weather is clear enough. I am not advising you start a new game  but it is a possibility that your present file is corrupted if it was created before 1.08

Edit - Anyone else hearing classical music from the radio  during the Aurora or have I been hit with cabin fever o.O

I also play on PC, since about a week (probably a patch) I've been getting them almost every night. I heard a strange noise, saw lights flickering, it creeped me out. Then I remembered this isn't a horror game so it must've been interference from an Aurora. Ran outside and it was beautiful, but every night is a bit much, it should be more special imo.

Holy crap, I only just realized that the radios also work during auroras! After weeks of living in silence it's a nice surprise to hear a bit of music.

On Monday, August 21, 2017 at 8:58 AM, Hackfleisch said:

Holy crap, I only just realized that the radios also work during auroras! After weeks of living in silence it's a nice surprise to hear a bit of music.

Ya it's a nice touch, it startled me a bit when I discovered it entering a house to retrieve some gear I had left behind. I sometimes hit the radio during looting so it was a fluke how it all happened O.o

Archived