Where is the aurora in survival mode?

Tbone555

So, did the aurorae will be ON on the next update ? with snow shelter ? As we experienced the sand box for more than 200 hours for some of us, and probably more. It wil be really appreciated to enjoy a survival mode with a new experience : The aurorae .

Thanks HInterland

I just wanted to give a heads up I'm at Trappers Cabin with plenty of food and supplies...and have the flashlight again.

So if something is blocking the aurora I'll be in a good place to report on it.

The last and only time it happened to me...it was before the three fixes with Story Mode.

Hopefully they get it sorted because I want to see the aurora and there effects in sandbox again.

4 hours ago, R J MacReady said:

In version 1.07 aurora isn't visible but flashlight works (only Coastal Highway and Timberwolf Mountain).

I don't seem to have a problem with Coastal Highway. Just patched and here is Misanthropes Homestead (with aurora).

screen_ef7d2d65-c943-460d-93c2-42b5f1fedbd2_hi.thumb.png.dd372bf9784deb29d56cbf43aa1a6e8c.png

15 hours ago, mystifeid said:

Four nights in a row now...possibly the game is bugged.

The thing with randomness is.. it's random. ;)

(and since recent patches increased the chances of seeing Aurora, well, things like that will sometimes happen)

1 hour ago, JAFO said:

The thing with randomness is.. it's random.

I can't remember exactly now but I think it ended up appearing ten or so nights in a row. That's, um, pretty random. Up until the latest patch it was very uncommon not to see the aurora at night in this playthrough and it may have only been bad weather that stopped it from appearing.

6 minutes ago, R J MacReady said:

Looks like aurora was patched in Patch 6. :wolf:

Yay, great news! I can confirm the aurora was bugged in the last game version in CH for me, (lights inside houses were flickering and windows glowing green, but no aurora visible outside). But now everything is working properly. Very beautiful colors and a great addition  both to the game's art style and immersiveness. I've always loved wandering around at night in TLD and now I'm enjoying  it more than ever. :)

Archived